Kubota drop in Fuel Tank strainer-filter

/ Kubota drop in Fuel Tank strainer-filter #11  
I have a couple of L-series, one old and one three years old. Either had a strainer or screen on the tank. How deep do they sit in the tank opening? I have a large metal funnel with a screen I use now and I’m wondering if it would interfere with a tank mounted screen.

/ Kubota drop in Fuel Tank strainer-filter
My older Kubotas had the screen filters at the fill port. Both had metal tanks, B20 and M5030. They did catch some large black debris. I could never could figure out the source.

Newer tractors have plastic tanks and no screens. Wish they did. Asked once at dealership for the B26. They didn’t know of any. Now with a part number can try again. Thanks for the follow up.
No problem. Like I said I have one in each of my M9000's. Keeps the crud out from laying in the bottom of the tanks and possibly plugging the intake hose.

/ Kubota drop in Fuel Tank strainer-filter #13  
I have a couple of L-series, one old and one three years old. Either had a strainer or screen on the tank. How deep do they sit in the tank opening? I have a large metal funnel with a screen I use now and I’m wondering if it would interfere with a tank mounted screen.

The screens were an open top cylinder about 3” long. Used my old galvanized farm funnel with screen didn’t interfere.

All I know is the nozzle on my bulk tank has no issue fitting in and the nozzle on my bulk tank is the same size as a filling station nozzle. Even has an auto shutoff but I don't fill the tank that full. If I do, the fuel will expand in the summer and push it out the overflow hose and at current prices, I don't want to spill any. I got them because removing the pickup fitting on my M's requires a tank drain and my tanks hold 30 gallons. One on each side of the frame.

Sort of reminds me of Kubota and their bucket level indicator. That piece of flat bar bent at 90 degrees that Kubota puts on their buckets is the most useless thing I've ever seen, especially when the real McCoy sliding rod level indicator is about 30 bucks. Both mine have the sliding rod. I sometimes wonder if the bean counters at Kubota even look at what is practical and what isn't in their quest to save a buck.

/ Kubota drop in Fuel Tank strainer-filter #16  
If the correct oem filter for your tractor can't be found , NAPA auto stores has paint filters that will do a -fine - job until your filer can be located . Check the micron rating . I use mine to keep june bugs and grass hoppers out plus finer particles when fueling and placed in a clean half gallon plastic container with a screw on lid it's used a few times before tossing in the dumpster .

/ Kubota drop in Fuel Tank strainer-filter #17  
My genset has one of those filters. I think it's a good idea along with proper micron filtration on the fuel lines.

Basically, all I'm doing is providing the Kubota wholegoods part number for the drop in fuel filler filter because I was told by a commenter on here that I was FOS and that Kubota never had one as a retrofit. They do. The tooth fairy didn't get the 2 I have installed. Like I stated, I believe they will fit numerous other makes as well as they come with an expansion ring that is removeable.

/ Kubota drop in Fuel Tank strainer-filter #19  
Basically, all I'm doing is providing the Kubota wholegoods part number for the drop in fuel filler filter because I was told by a commenter on here that I was FOS and that Kubota never had one as a retrofit. They do. The tooth fairy didn't get the 2 I have installed. Like I stated, I believe they will fit numerous other makes as well as they come with an expansion ring that is removeable.

I just ordered two so thanks for the info!

/ Kubota drop in Fuel Tank strainer-filter #20  
Sort of reminds me of Kubota and their bucket level indicator. That piece of flat bar bent at 90 degrees that Kubota puts on their buckets is the most useless thing I've ever seen, especially when the real McCoy sliding rod level indicator is about 30 bucks. Both mine have the sliding rod. I sometimes wonder if the bean counters at Kubota even look at what is practical and what isn't in their quest to save a buck.
Interesting. My MX came with a rod indicator. Maybe Kubota has changed the design.