Kubota F v. zero turn

/ Kubota F v. zero turn #21  
Yes but you don't see very many of them on the Kubota owners forum, wonder why, not.

That is why I posted in this forum, to inform Kubota owners Laughing.JPG.

/ Kubota F v. zero turn #22  
Toro is a fine machine and if I found one, properly equipped, I would consider it. I did notice that Xfaxman owns a ZD1211, too.

Don't know where you saw that, I have never owned a Zero turn mower.

/ Kubota F v. zero turn #23  
Xfaxman’s post reminded me of another thing I forgot to mention that I'm sure applies to any brand front mower. This may be obvious to everyone else, but was something I never thought of prior to getting mine.

With the zero turn, or even any lawn tractor, the deck is underneath you. As you start up a slope you hit it with the front wheels and the mower lifts as you go, but the deck stays level with the mower. On a sever downward transition, the deck might tend to scalp a little but it stays level with the mower as you go over the crest.

With the front mount, when transitioning from more level ground to going up or down a steep slope, if the transition is sever enough it doesn’t work out well. I find I have to hit it at an angle to keep the mower deck from jamming up at too steep an angle, or dropping down too far. If I don’t transition at an angle, the deck jams way up and the PTO shaft u-joints sound like I’m tearing stuff apart!

/ Kubota F v. zero turn
   / Kubota F v. zero turn #25  
OK.JPG I think John, at one time or other, has owned at least one of everything Kubota has ever made Laughing.JPG

/ Kubota F v. zero turn
Ok, so what? Kubota makes high quality stuff.

/ Kubota F v. zero turn #27  
Xfaxman痴 post reminded me of another thing I forgot to mention that I'm sure applies to any brand front mower. This may be obvious to everyone else, but was something I never thought of prior to getting mine.

With the zero turn, or even any lawn tractor, the deck is underneath you. As you start up a slope you hit it with the front wheels and the mower lifts as you go, but the deck stays level with the mower. On a sever downward transition, the deck might tend to scalp a little but it stays level with the mower as you go over the crest.

With the front mount, when transitioning from more level ground to going up or down a steep slope, if the transition is sever enough it doesn稚 work out well. I find I have to hit it at an angle to keep the mower deck from jamming up at too steep an angle, or dropping down too far. If I don稚 transition at an angle, the deck jams way up and the PTO shaft u-joints sound like I知 tearing stuff apart!
I have some steep hills but never noticed any issue since the hyd arms are holding the deck from dropping below a certain point going down and coming over a drop off and wheels follow terrain going up with no issues for me or never the noise you've described. I tried my 2wd F on home property some years ago and on my steepest hill it would not mow it going forward since front deck wheels were pushing into the "wall" but lifting deck a bit or turning and backing up it climbed like the old billy goat,
I have tried several different Kubotas to see how they work and which one(s) work the best for me and also have had some property changes which have created different needs/wants/desires. :)

/ Kubota F v. zero turn #30  
More like 2-3 of each/QUOTE]

I think I have finally reached the proper combination of Kubota's for me and my needs/wants after trying the BXs, some Bs, a few Ls and now a MX plus a few RTVs, one Kubota riding lawnmower, a few Fs some ZTRs and ZDs. I think I'm there or close, really close to stopping testing new and different machines for TBN buddies. :) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Have you guys seen the new Jeep looking offroad diesel powered side by side with enclosed cab that Kubota dealers are now selling but not labeled a Kubota? Just sayen:) :) :)