Kubota F2880 Out Front Mower

/ Kubota F2880 Out Front Mower #31  
Wow 2000 miles for a f series? That's impressive. IMO its worth that if you are happy with the deal you got on it. I drove 24 hours round-trip for an engine for a new Holland skid steer a few years ago. I had a f2650 for 6 years, than my f3080 popped up locally as a dealer trade. It was exactly what I was looking for. Mower, cab snowblower.

Attachments

• 20230417_174519.jpg
    20230417_174519.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
   / Kubota F2880 Out Front Mower
3. The bellville cup washers wear out. I found after market ones this year from an outfit on Amazon but they seem too ductile. Figure on replacing those about every two years.

6. Roughest riding machine on the place. I will try replacing the seat suspension soon. Keep the front tires between 10 and 15 psi to help yourself

Thanks for the advice!! I have a question about #3, is that the washers that go on the blades?

Regarding #6, I tried luring the suspension mechanism of my seat and it didn't quite work, I think it needs completely disassembled to lube the shafts properly, it is a scissor type suspension. I have ordered rubber isolators that I'll be installing when time allows, it will not be a small project, I have a separate thread started I'll document it in. I am debating also buying a whole new suspension seat but they are extremely pricey, I'd like to have one from an Exmark mower, but they are listed online for $1,217,,,, insane.

/ Kubota F2880 Out Front Mower #33  
1. You will find the belville washers on the blades are doubled, 2 to each blade.. I have found aftermarket ones listed for that part number on Ebay as a set. They were good quality.

2. Northern Hydraulics has suspension seats from several manufacturers. I bought the Exmark equivalent from the same manufacturer for $375. two years ago.

3. Set your tire pressures at a reasonable figure, not high.

Good Luck.

/ Kubota F2880 Out Front Mower #34  
I swapped MILSCO mechanical suspension seat from Seat Warehouse to our 1993 Grasshopper 721D couple of years ago and it has worked out pretty good.
Looks like they have similar models for $550 - 600 or so.

MILSCO Seat:
MILSCO.png

For F3060 I have decided it's best to repair & maintain the factory seat which actually is still surprisingly good after about 3700 hours of use.
The cushion is still fine, but the mechanical suspension needed some work and I got spare factory springs just in case....

F3060 Seat:
F3060.jpg

Last edited:
   / Kubota F2880 Out Front Mower #35  
I just happened upon this auction item right after reading this thread.
I don't have any knowledge about this unit but thought maybe one of you guys would be interested...

/ Kubota F2880 Out Front Mower #36  
I just happened upon this auction item right after reading this thread.
I don't have any knowledge about this unit but thought maybe one of you guys would be interested...

That’s similar to mine. I wonder if it blew out the small rubber plug on the block, lost all its oil and seized?

/ Kubota F2880 Out Front Mower #37  
I swapped MILSCO mechanical suspension seat from Seat Warehouse to our 1993 Grasshopper 721D couple of years ago and it has worked out pretty good.
Looks like they have similar models for $550 - 600 or so.

MILSCO Seat:
View attachment 796361

For F3060 I have decided it's best to repair & maintain the factory seat which actually is still surprisingly good after about 3700 hours of use.
The cushion is still fine, but the mechanical suspension needed some work and I got spare factory springs just in case....

F3060 Seat:
View attachment 796362

My seat is pretty bad. It seems too complicated to try to tear it apart. I am going with additional padding to get me by.

/ Kubota F2880 Out Front Mower #38  
Thanks for the advice!! I have a question about #3, is that the washers that go on the blades?

Regarding #6, I tried luring the suspension mechanism of my seat and it didn't quite work, I think it needs completely disassembled to lube the shafts properly, it is a scissor type suspension. I have ordered rubber isolators that I'll be installing when time allows, it will not be a small project, I have a separate thread started I'll document it in. I am debating also buying a whole new suspension seat but they are extremely pricey, I'd like to have one from an Exmark mower, but they are listed online for $1,217,,,, insane.
Dealer telling me seat cushion is not available as a part? Must buy entire assembly.