Kubota fuel requirements.

/ Kubota fuel requirements. #1  

DaveinValdez

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601
My new 2601 manual says to use Low Sulfur Diesel only. No one dyes any fuel up here or even checks. Would there be any harm in using a 50/50 mix of winter home heating oil and LS mixed in a 55 gallon drum? Justification is it is easier to have the fuel truck driver fill the barrel than me hauling it in 5 gallon jugs.

/ Kubota fuel requirements. #2  
As a rule home heating oil and diesel are the same thing. The heating oil is dyed to show that is off road, which your tractor is exempt from road tax so not a problem that I see.

/ Kubota fuel requirements. #3  
As a rule home heating oil and diesel are the same thing. The heating oil is dyed to show that is off road, which your tractor is exempt from road tax so not a problem that I see.
Not in Quebec.
Only stationary engines are exempt, all others pay road taxes.
(Gotta wonder how they'll tax electric cars as they don't contribute to road taxes.)

/ Kubota fuel requirements. #4  
question should be directed to the dealer you bought your new tractor from. He will know what would effect the tractor and warranty

/ Kubota fuel requirements. #5  
Looks like the op is from Alaska so it depends on their rules.

Ive seen them kicking around taxing people on miles driven, Illinois has been throwing that idea around.

/ Kubota fuel requirements. #6  
Can you have the fuel truck driver deliver the required low sulfur diesel fuel? Perhaps you could have two drums, one for diesel and the other for kerosene. I've read kerosene has less energy than diesel though some mix the two to winterize the diesel. Your dealer or his mechanic would be a good place to pose your question.

/ Kubota fuel requirements.
Low sulfur is around $3.60 a gallon. Kerosene is around $7.00 No dye up here in the fuel. Haven't had a heating oil bill in months. There are only three fuel station in town so having them drive to my place isn't practical. And yes, being taxed by the mile is a possibility in the future for everyone.

/ Kubota fuel requirements. #8  
There are only three fuel station in town ...
Are you talking about gas stations or bulk fuel terminals? I see Valdez Petroleum on Egan St and Crowley Petroleum on Airport.

Is Valdez still a big marine terminal port? If it is, I'd think there's all sorts of places to get diesel.

/ Kubota fuel requirements. #9  
HHO may or may not be ULSD depending on the location. I have no idea what AK’s HHO regulations are. The OP should find out. Whether or not the fuel is dyed is immaterial and another question entirely.

/ Kubota fuel requirements.
We do have bulk fueling here for certain things. Petro Star loads tankers of fuel (Jet and aircraft) for the military bases and sent out to be processed for gasoline. No private sales. We do have a refinery that makes LS, Jet and heating oil. Another place loads barges for outgoing and brining gasoline back into the port. Crowley by airport is for home heating and tanker trucks heading out. There are three other general fuel stations. It just might be best to take one barrel to the station, fill it and then transfer it to another barrel at home.