kubota glow plug indicator not glowing/hard cold start

/ kubota glow plug indicator not glowing/hard cold start #31  
I've got the same problem on my B7100 the glow plug indicator doesn't light and my hot feed from ignition switch to to glow plugs melt when trying to preheat. It keeps burning out my indicators. Please help.

Wires burning, or fuses blowing?

Sounds like a short.

Disconnect all wires (or just the main? wire) to the GPs and try cycling to see if there's still a problem with popping fuses (I'm just NOT thinking you're melting wires!). If you're not popping a fuse with being disconnected to the GPs then it's likely the harness at the GPs or a GP or two that are totally shorting out. If you ARE popping fuses then it's the relay (or wiring to the relay or in the harness leading up to the GPs).

/ kubota glow plug indicator not glowing/hard cold start #32  
Go to Kubotabooks.com and download the WSM for the B7100
It has an excellent section on the wiring and operation of the GP's

Here is one illustration for the key switch

UYM93EV.jpg

Terminal #17 on the key switch serves as a junction point for the indicator and the wiring to the GP's.

All power to the GP's flows through the indicator. It is in series with the plugs and the plugs are in parallel with each other.

Post some pictures of your GP' and their wiring on the engine. Post some pictures of the back of your key switch.

It is common for some XXXx to mess with the wiring, copying another tractor's wiring for example, and in the end have a real mess.

Provide as much history as you can about your machine. They are a durable highly sought after tractor.

Sent you a PM

Dave M7040

/ kubota glow plug indicator not glowing/hard cold start #33  
Wires burning, or fuses blowing?

Sounds like a short.

Disconnect all wires (or just the main? wire) to the GPs and try cycling to see if there's still a problem with popping fuses (I'm just NOT thinking you're melting wires!). If you're not popping a fuse with being disconnected to the GPs then it's likely the harness at the GPs or a GP or two that are totally shorting out. If you ARE popping fuses then it's the relay (or wiring to the relay or in the harness leading up to the GPs).
Where is the fuse for the glow plugs on a B7100?

/ kubota glow plug indicator not glowing/hard cold start #34  
Where is the fuse for the glow plugs on a B7100?
Check on the left side (as seated on the tractor) of the firewall, down a bit. My B7800's is there; small black plastic cover.

/ kubota glow plug indicator not glowing/hard cold start #35  
Check on the left side (as seated on the tractor) of the firewall, down a bit. My B7800's is there; small black plastic cover.
On the B7100 the only fuse associated with the GP's is the main fusible link.

If you blow it nothing works.

Machine is different than the B7800

Dave M7040

/ kubota glow plug indicator not glowing/hard cold start #36  
I have a 7030 and the glow plug indicator lamp lights, but the key does not remain to the left, I have to hold it on. Does that indicate a faulty switch? The lamp remains lit as long as I hold it. How long should I hold it on?

/ kubota glow plug indicator not glowing/hard cold start #37  
I have a 7030 and the glow plug indicator lamp lights, but the key does not remain to the left, I have to hold it on. Does that indicate a faulty switch? The lamp remains lit as long as I hold it. How long should I hold it on?
Most glow plug switches need to be held against the spring load.
If a timer system is incorporated (most are) the plugs will cycle off once heating cycle is over.
If no timing count off some 8-10 seconds.

/ kubota glow plug indicator not glowing/hard cold start #38  
The M7030 is actually a Fiat painted orange.

You first need to make certain each GP is working.

Disconnect the wires from the GP's and then measure the resistance to ground of each individual Glow Plug.. They all should be close to the same value. If one is different then replace all of them. The actual resistance is in the pages I have attached

Go through the various tests on the attached pages to thoroughly check out the GP system including the timer relay.

Dave M7040

Attachments

• forum M7030 GP.pdf
    667.9 KB · Views: 105
   / kubota glow plug indicator not glowing/hard cold start #39  
Dave 7040, sent you a PM.

/ kubota glow plug indicator not glowing/hard cold start #40  
For some reason when i preheat, it dosn't glow but the glow plugs get warm but in no way hot as they should be, first i thought the connections so i cleaned all of them and same problem, the little coil does not glow even if i preheat for 40 seconds, it still takes about 3 tries to start the thing, i know its below freezing but i can't remember it ever being this hard. my fear is that the glow plugs are damaged (previous owner used starting fluid...ALOT), my other thought was the coil could need replacing. but these are just ideas, thanks for any help
The 4010 JD had no glow plug indicator. I'd just pause between "on" and "start" for up to 6 seconds in winter and 2 seconds in summer. Always started in the typical 1/2 revolution of the crankshaft.