Kubota L2900 drive clutch problem

/ Kubota L2900 drive clutch problem #1  

BertZegers

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2900, Zetor 8011, Kubota KX41Excavator, John Deere 4400 Combine, Case 1816C skidsteer
The tractor is a Kubota L2900 with FEL and Cab. 1802 hrs

The problem with the clutch is;
It depresses and disengages fine but when the clutch pedal is released, the clutch does not engage with the travel of the pedal.
The clutch kind of "stays behind" and then suddenly engages.
If I work the pedal a few times it seems to be better.

Is there a inspection opening to see of the release bearing "sticks" or is there a grease nipple?

The tractor has the independant PTO clutch witch is working fine.

Thanks for your replies.

/ Kubota L2900 drive clutch problem #2  
Is that not a GST transmission?
I have the L4200, same family as the L2900... I have NOT used the foot clutch in Years... the wet clutch will last a Lot longer than the dry clutch.
I disconnected the clutch linkage under the hood & then hooked the clutch pedal in the down position... this keeps it out of the way while getting in or going out of the cab door...
If you use the dry clutch you Will be replacing the Clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing & the pilot bearing... if you don't use it, those parts will last forever... KennyV

/ Kubota L2900 drive clutch problem
The L2900 is not a GST.
Is there a inspection opening in the belhousing?
Do I have to split the tractor?
I think that there is some rust/dirt on the part where the release bearing sliders over. If i could only get some oil or grease on it, I think it could solve the isue.
Does someone know?

Thanks.

/ Kubota L2900 drive clutch problem #4  
My Bota L3000 has a inspection hole in the left hand side, sitting in seat. The fel brace may be partially covering it.. just lower and behind starter, center of housing.. try looking there? it is for adjustments to the clutch.

/ Kubota L2900 drive clutch problem #5  
One common problem on manual clutch tractors is the pivot lever (part 010) that actuates the release bearing. It gets rusty and binds in the bell housing. On your rig, one end can be lubed with penetrating oil from the outside. That's the end that gets rain water and tends to be worse. The other end can be harder to reach. On a friend's JD we drilled a lube hole from the outside. It eventually freed up.

Attachments

• L2900 clutch lever.pdf
    9.1 KB · Views: 551