Comparison Kubota L3301 vs L3800

/ Kubota L3301 vs L3800 #51  
How did you make out? Hopefully the silence is not due to you being held in lockup for decapitating the dealer!! Lol.

It got a little better. It had a little seepage at the 50 hour service. I kept an eye on it and saw it was getting slightly worse as time went on. At 270 hours I had parked it on concrete and was able to see the size stain it was leaving and decided it was time. Took it in fearing I would get a barrage of excuses why it wasn't covered under warranty but was pleasantly surprised. Took it on Wednesday, promised back "mid next week". Even acknowledging having to split the case.

Come next Wednesday, hadn't heard anything and hurting for the tractor a bit, I called. I was told nonchalantly that "he just started on it, let me go see if he figured out what it was". On hold, my heart rate might have raised just a bit. He came back and said it was in fact the case, probably have it back together tomorrow. If not, Monday because he's on vacation Friday (4th of July weekend). I politely informed him of my need and that tomorrow would be fantastic. No calls, so I called at 5:25, 5 before closing. He said oh yeah, he's finishing up, come on and get it. Pulled up, bs'ed with the mechanic for a bit, very nice guy. Went outside to ready the trailer. He backs out of the stall 15 feet, goes forward about 20 feet just to the door and the tractor just stops moving. He jiggles pedals and levers for 30 second or so, giggles about it and says he'll have to tear it back apart next week, maybe Wednesday. I'm not too thrilled but I understand stuff happens.

Sorry, I see this is getting long. Here's where I got pissed. This is where I was when I wrote that last post. The main manager is on vacation on Monday (would have been nice to be told this in the midst of this dilemma), so someone else is filling in. I called at 2:30 hoping I would be told my tractor had been priority and was being worked on. Surprisingly, he said it was in the shop, just pulled apart but no answer, call me later. 5:25, nothing. I called him, same line - like we had never spoken before. I said this is bad for me, you got a loaner? He said he could probably dig one up, call me in a bit. I have bad service at home (rural area) so I stood around at work for 2 hours. Nothing. Drove by, here's my tractor sitting outside the back door where they had pushed it out the week before, and not a soul in sight. So he lied about the work, then lied about the loaner and just went home. I went in the next morning to have a pow wow. I reminded him the only other time I've ever been in the place, I showed up with a trailer and within an hour was leaving with a $20k tractor. I won't be treated that way. Up until that point I had done all the hauling, no calls for updates, slow turn around time. By the end of the day, I'd had multiple updates and a running tractor delivered to my driveway 30 miles out.

So went from good, to very bad, to good again. Not sure what attitude I've walked away from this with yet...

/ Kubota L3301 vs L3800 #52  
Wow....sucks you had to go through all that. Sounds like it ended ok though. Although I am also of the mindset that stuff happens, not a fan of the dishonesty. Good for you handling it the way you did. Hopefully this will all be a rarity and you will have many years of enjoyment from your tractor along with better dealer support.