Buying Advice Kubota L39 or JD 3320

/ Kubota L39 or JD 3320 #11  
That is a real good point. The 3pt parts are real expensive so make sure they are there.

They sure are...but I think the real question here is what happened to the 'hoe? I don't believe they where sold without them (I may be wrong on that) Something smells fishy to me...

/ Kubota L39 or JD 3320 #12  
Kennyd, I have a B21 and an L39. When I got the B21 it was offered as a commercial landscape tractor without the backhoe. I never looked at that option when I bought the L39. My guess is it was also offered that way. I would never suggest someone buy one thinking they could buy the backhoe used after the fact. They are proprietary to that tractor and rare. From what others have found with the B21 and L35 if you don't get the 3pt attachments with the tractor it will cost between 1 and 2K to get them from Kubota after the fact.

MarkV

/ Kubota L39 or JD 3320 #13  
I just have to ask. If you can get the tractor without the BH (as a landscape tractor) then wouldn't it come with the 3pt from Kubota? I remember reading that even the BH tractors came with the 3pt but some dealers just didn't supply it unless asked.

/ Kubota L39 or JD 3320 #14  
I owned an L-39 for 2 years. I forget more than I remember about it, but it was a tough little TLB. Check the PTO HP and make sure it's got enough for what you want to do. Also, the '39 sits on R-4s. Do you require R-1's?

/ Kubota L39 or JD 3320 #15  
I have L-39 and it is definite a tough tractor. I have rolled mine over once, no damage. I also went downhill backwards out of control 120ft at about a 45 degree anlge and came to a hard stop at bottom of hill and still no damage.

/ Kubota L39 or JD 3320 #16  
I just have to ask. If you can get the tractor without the BH (as a landscape tractor) then wouldn't it come with the 3pt from Kubota? I remember reading that even the BH tractors came with the 3pt but some dealers just didn't supply it unless asked.

Al the L39 does come with all the equipment. Some of the newer TLB's like the L59 it is an option at purchase. Where it becomes a problem is these little commercial TLB's are purchased by rental companies, utility companies and small businesses for the backhoe and the 3pt is never used. So it gets set in some corner and when it comes to sell it has either been forgotten or lost. A number of people have bought used without thinking of those parts and found them very expensive to replace.

The OP may have found one where this is not the case. Sure worth looking at though.

MarkV

/ Kubota L39 or JD 3320 #17  
I just recently saw a used L39 TL (no hoe) for sale. I purchased my L48 TL without a hoe. Its not unusual at all. You can quite easily order a hoe.

That would account for the low price, I'd expect that to be a tough resell. I've not seen an L39 without the hoe.

Joel

/ Kubota L39 or JD 3320
Hey guys this weekend i am going to pick up my john deere 3320 i just bought:D.
It is a 2008 ehydro witch i wanted
300cx loader
60" rough mower
forks and bucket
rear blade
box blade
quick tach system
3pt sprayer
with 80hr on it for 17k!!!!!!!!

Then i went out and bought a new z445 mower also instead of a mmm
I appreciate all the info you guys gave me but when i saw this tractor i could not pass it up