Price Check Kubota L4330 and L5030 HST-F Price check

/ Kubota L4330 and L5030 HST-F Price check #1  

fjcruiser

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 5083E Kubota RTV X900
I was on the phone with one of our local dealers trying to get a price quote on a Kubota L4330HST with front loader (LA853FL), which he gave me, $23,160. He also quoted me on a L5030HST with front loader (LA853FL) @ $25,930 which they have in stock.
I'm not sure that I want the HST, but they assure me it is bullet proof and well worth the extra money.
Anyone have any thoughts on either of these tractors and prices?
I have just started the tractor search. I am considering JD and New Holland as well.
I am looking for a tractor in the <40 hp range. Tractor will be an all around tractor, mowing, loader work, rototilling and road maintenance.
Thanks in advance,
Steve

/ Kubota L4330 and L5030 HST-F Price check #2  
How big of a tiller are you planning on using? Where I live, I had a JD 4600 and a Kubota L4310 that would not turn my 72" tiller to any real depth. I now have the L5030HSTC and it seems to have quite a bit more power with the tiller than I thought it would. I didn't think 8 hp PTO would make much difference, but it did. With a cab, same loader, CD player, and front and rear work lights mine was around 29k.

By the way, I did really like the JD. They just don't offer a factory cab in this size range....yet. Oh yeah, it did take me a few hours to get used to the hydro. The shuttle shift was fine with me before. Now the hydro is fine. I like 'em both. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Kubota L4330 and L5030 HST-F Price check #3  
That is a great price on the L5030HST if it includes R4 tires, quick attach bucket, bolt on edge, HD bucket. If it does not it is still a good price. I love the HST on my L5030. With the extra HP of the L5030 you can attach a wider mower and tiller. The implement limitations on the rotary tiller for the 4330 is 60" and for the 5030 72". The 72" will cover the tire tracks of the R4 tires.

Have fun comparing!

/ Kubota L4330 and L5030 HST-F Price check #4  
I bought the 4330 HSTC and just love it. I would go with the 5030 if I had to do it all over again. I bought the 4330 to save a few bucks. I have been doing some heavy pulling of logs and digging with the loader and it is to easy to stall the 43 hp engine. I can run a 5" tiller easily. The HST is a blessing! For loader work and roto-tilling it is an absolute joy. You can't even tell it is behind the tractor most of the time. Without question I would highly recommend the 5030 HST.

/ Kubota L4330 and L5030 HST-F Price check #5  
That seems like a good price on the L5030HST. I have 200+ hours on mine. Works great, would never even consider a tractor without the hydro transmission, it makes FEL work much more efficient.

/ Kubota L4330 and L5030 HST-F Price check #6  
/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I wish I could get a 5030HSTC w 853 for 29K US! At the current exchange that is about 36500 Canadian. For me to walk into a local dealer in Canada I would have to shell out 45000+ for a base model HSTC.

To buy a bare open gear model 4330 is over 30000 Canadian.

/ Kubota L4330 and L5030 HST-F Price check #7  
Wow! Are you serious? I thought I got a fair deal for the L5030HSTC with the 853 loader, R4's, CD and lights for 29k U.S., not including state sales tax, but I didn't think it was particularly fantastic. Why would the same tractor cost so much more in Canada? Do you have some big tariffs or something? I can't see a dealer trying to make that much money, even if there wasn't a lot of competition.

/ Kubota L4330 and L5030 HST-F Price check #8  
In 12/03, I paid $21,600 for L4330HST w/LA853 and a cheapo box blade. Dealer was in central TN.

/ Kubota L4330 and L5030 HST-F Price check #9  
Your price sounds pretty reasonable. I bought a L5030 HST with loader, HD quick-attach bucket, loaded R4 tires, and canopy for $ 24,000 in March 2004. Located in middle TN.

I've only got about 120 hours on it so far, but it has been great. I've used it with a 6' tiller, 3-bottom plow, 8' disc, 6' rotary cutter, and box blade. Only problem so far was a leaking seal on the bottom of the left front axle - I replaced it myself in less than an hour to save having to take it to the dealer 45 miles away (he offered to pick it up anyway).

-Chuck

/ Kubota L4330 and L5030 HST-F Price check #10  
There is no competition, they have defined sales areas and can't sell in other areas so list price is basically what you pay.

I don't know if it is the same in Ontario where there are multiple dealers in an area.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Wow! Are you serious? I thought I got a fair deal for the L5030HSTC with the 853 loader, R4's, CD and lights for 29k U.S., not including state sales tax, but I didn't think it was particularly fantastic. Why would the same tractor cost so much more in Canada? Do you have some big tariffs or something? I can't see a dealer trying to make that much money, even if there wasn't a lot of competition. )</font>