Kubota l4701 Longevity and Reliability?

/ Kubota l4701 Longevity and Reliability? #11  
L4701 has too small a front tires for it capabilities, in my opinion

/ Kubota l4701 Longevity and Reliability?
Stability issues with Loader loads are the reason you should consider 1) wide spread rear wheels and 2) greater weight. Despite the weight of Loaders, they DECREASE tractor stability when elevated.

Use bare tractor weight when making comparisons, so you have apples to apples specs.

Is there some reason you are not considering a Kioti again? What model Kioti do you have now?
I have a DK5510. It is a wonderful tractor to operate, the most stable I have ever felt on slopes, however it has been plagued with tier 4 issues and excess oil use from the beginning. Many trips to the shop. They finally figured out at 460 hours that the turbo had been leaking oil for a long time. We owned atier 4 Kubota M8560 for 4 years with no issues.

/ Kubota l4701 Longevity and Reliability? #13  
I have used small tractors like this for all of my 50 years of farming.

Kubota M8560 Dimensions​

Dimensions
ROPS Wheelbase90 inches
228 cm
Cab Wheelbase88.6 inches
225 cm
4WD Length148 inches
375 cm
Width78 inches (min 4WD)
198 cm
Height (ROPS)99 inches
251 cm
Height (cab)100.2 inches
254 cm
4WD Clearance (front axle)
Kubota M8560 Weight
5820 lbs (4WD ROPS)
2639 kg
6680 lbs (4WD Cab)
3030 kg

When considering a tractor purchase bare tractor weight first, tractor horsepower second, rear axle width third, rear wheel/tire ballast fourth.

Last edited:
VAS Case, 8N Ford, 435 John Deere, Massey Ferguson 135, Long 510.

Kubota M8560 Dimensions​

Dimensions
ROPS Wheelbase90 inches
228 cm
Cab Wheelbase88.6 inches
225 cm
4WD Length148 inches
375 cm
Width78 inches (min 4WD)
198 cm
Height (ROPS)99 inches
251 cm
Height (cab)100.2 inches
254 cm
4WD Clearance (front axle)
Kubota M8560 Weight
5820 lbs (4WD ROPS)
2639 kg
6680 lbs (4WD Cab)
3030 kg
A family member purchased the 8560 and I ended up with it. It was much larger than I was used to. I hated it. I could work circles around it with the Mahindra 4500 tractor, 35 pto hp that we had at the time. I am just faster with small tractors.

/ Kubota l4701 Longevity and Reliability? #17  
I don’t have personal experience with that model, but there’s a couple hundred acre farm near me that uses two of the prior L4600 model tractors for haying, livestock, and growing produce. It’s a busy little operation and those two tractors are the most used machines I’ve seen running around on the place over the last decade. It’s flat ground and I’ve never specifically asked the guy about his tractors, but based on what I see I’m guessing longevity hasn’t been an issue for him.

/ Kubota l4701 Longevity and Reliability? #18  
As an owner of a MX6000 I encourage you to consider the MX over the L tractor like many here have recommended. The larger front wheels and axles are a significant factor that improves stability, durability, and ride. And the loader capacity is a big step up. The tractor is simply more robust overall, but has a tight turning radius and is as maneuverable as the larger L series. From a “nimble” operation perspective, I don’t think there is noticeable difference between the tractors, but the MX has significant advantages for capability.

As an owner of a MX6000 I encourage you to consider the MX over the L tractor like many here have recommended. The larger front wheels and axles are a significant factor that improves stability, durability, and ride. And the loader capacity is a big step up. The tractor is simply more robust overall, but has a tight turning radius and is as maneuverable as the larger L series. From a “nimble” operation perspective, I don’t think there is noticeable difference between the tractors, but the MX has significant advantages for capability.
Well, after comparing specs, I believe the MX is the way to go. The difference in loader capacity is significant. Thanks to everyone for your help!

/ Kubota l4701 Longevity and Reliability? #20  
I think you would be much better served with MX model if you are wanting HST. Little more cockpit and capability
When I was looking to upgrade from my BX I was looking at the L39...for the pennies more the MX cost and the capabilities gained it was an absolute no brainer.