kubota Lx3310

/ kubota Lx3310 #21  
I have the lx3310 with a couple hundred hours. Has never gone past 3 bars in any weather. I imagine you checked the air filter in the silver cannister. It's amazing how much junk comes out of that rubber nipple that you squeeze to let particulate escape.
Other than dirty radiator, filters or some sort of fluid issue, it sounds like a dealer issue. They're usually pretty good with these problems. Good luck!!!

/ kubota Lx3310 #22  
I know you said the radiator is clean--BUT-- have you looked thru the core?? Take a light and place behind (fan side) of the radiator, now go in front of the radiator and see f you can see thru the fins.
I worked as a farm machinery tech years ago and would have farmers tell me their combine was overheating. They wanted to me to bring, water pumps, belts, thermostats, hose, and a new radiator. Me "is the radiator clean"? Farmer "Yep, just brushed it off". So off I go to service the combine and when I arrived would find I could not even see thru the fins. Me "Do you have a pressure washer? Farmer Yeah, I'll go get it". 4 hours later I can now see thru 95% of the radiator. I put the combine back together and when I left told the farmer to call me if it still was overheating. They called the next year to repeat the above process.
I've had a similar experience as a technician. Sometimes, even if people claim their radiator is clean, it's essential to check the core. I remember working on farm machinery, and farmers would insist on replacing various parts before considering the radiator. Often, techwebsite thorough cleaning with a pressure washer revealed that the radiator was completely clogged. It's amazing how a seemingly clean surface can hide such a significant issue.

/ kubota Lx3310 #23  
I noticed my 3310 was running warmer than usual the last couple times I mowed, not much in the screens or air filter but my coolant was a bit low. Haven't mowed since to see if that corrected the issue

/ kubota Lx3310 #24  
On some models, the hood design did not permit the escape of heat that built up under the hood. The muffler is there with everything else, so you know things can get hot.

This is true for my '07 MX5000. It would get hot running a chipper at rated rpm ...even if nothing was fed to the chipper. An older L4300 would stay cool running the same chipper at 540 and actually working.

The solution was to take the hood off. Without the hood, the MX5000 can be worked to its limit in hot weather without rising above halfway on the temp gauge. Without the hood, heat can escape rather than build up.

Of course it's very ugly looking without a hood. I've talked to a body shop and they are willing to put louvres and/or screens in the hood so heat can escape. When things slow down a bit, I may end up with an attractive tractor again.
Bob

/ kubota Lx3310 #25  
Many years ago, I complained about my B2150 over heating way to easy on a hot day. I finally got the dealer to look into it. Turns out the water jacket holes in the head gasket were undersized. New head gasket and the problem went away.
I have 3 B2150's. Two of the 3 never ever overheated. The 3rd one has overheated more than once. Once was when being operated by an overzealous teen who could not let up on pushing it to the max in very hot weather. More recently I found that 'normal usage' (for me that is heavy foot-high grass because I am only able to be there once a month...) puts the temp gauge over very close the red after 20 min or so of mowing. I have cleaned the radiator fins, screens, and areas that collect chaff. Overall the machine is quite 'useable' but I just know it should not be getting that hot. I put a new thermostat in it 2 days ago and it ran fine for 1 hr without getting beyond the mid temp range. HOWEVER, the OAT was never above about 80 degrees. So the jury is still out. I still have some "water under pressure and compressed air" to use and get the radiator cleaner. Maybe next use will be with OAT over 80s near 90 & we will see...

/ kubota Lx3310
During recent hot weather 94 deg My engine started to lose power anyone else have this happen?
Thank you, Everyone who helped with all the really great ideas. I waited to be certain that the issue has been resolved. The issue was gasoline in my diesel fuel. This was a very expensive repair, as a result I have changed how I will purchase Diesel fuel. This is the first time in 23 years of tractor ownership that this has happened to me.

/ kubota Lx3310 #27  
Thank you, Everyone who helped with all the really great ideas. I waited to be certain that the issue has been resolved. The issue was gasoline in my diesel fuel. This was a very expensive repair, as a result I have changed how I will purchase Diesel fuel. This is the first time in 23 years of tractor ownership that this has happened to me.
I'd be interested to hear the rest of your story. Gasoline in your diesel fuel should not be a serious problem in most cases. What was the high expense? Also how did gas get in to your fuel? Automotive diesels in the 1970's and 1980's came from the factory recommending 10% gasoline mixed with the diesel fuel in very cold weather (VW and General Motors both.) That was eventually rescinded because of the volatility of the mixture and nervous lawyers, not for damage reasons.