Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question

/ Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question #11  
Hey, I have been negotiating with a dealer on a used M6060 they have on their used lot. Good shape and deal is almost done. But it has the cast iron rear wheels with radials. I do not know the exact size radials at the moment, but here is my question, The outer rim is mounted to the inside of the cast center ( I will try to post a picture ). The dealer dosent seem to want to swap them to where the outer rim is mounted to the outside of the inner cast rim. I would like it done that way, because of thinking future possible flat repair. If the outer rim is mounted to the outside of the cast rim, I figure that if i had a flat, I could just jack the tractor up, remove outer rim bolts and remove the tire and aouter rim and take it to get fixed. This way i do not have to deal with the weight of the cast iron rim and just leave it on the tractor. The added 4 inches on each side of width is another bonus for my hillsides. Anybody have the cast iron rear wheels mounted this way? is it the right way? like I say dealer really dosen't seem to want to do it, thanks

this is how they are now. all i want them to do is mount outer rim to outside of the cast center instead of inside like this......

View attachment 814945
Either way is acceptable.

Tire professionals usually do not remove either wheel or rim from tractor to repair punctures but I change/repair my own (never use liquid ballast) and do so. Accordingly, I, too, would want the rims mounted to the outside of the cast centers.

Yes, set-up and delivery once included mounting tires/rims per customers orders but times are changing.

Last edited:
   / Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question
Mine must be cheap up here in Michigan. My farm tire guy just charged me 180 bucks for a dismount, replace the failed tube and remount, includes the cost of a new tube and of course came to the farm. I did provide him a ham sandwich and a beverage for his enjoyment as well.
That is around the cost if i take it to get it fixed the mobile service here is a lot more expensive.

I Remember when setting the wheels to where the buyer wanted them was part of a tractor sale.
That should be a no brainer type of “throw-in” the dealer should be more than happy to do.
I agree with you completely on this, however to be clear and not get in a ny type of dealer bashing here the tractor i am buying is a 2021 model with 270hrs....so not exactly new just new to me!

They are willing to do it, but they want to charge 250 bucks or 2 hrs shop time to do it....thats 125 an hour shop time....💲💲💲

/ Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question #14  
I agree with you completely on this, however to be clear and not get in a ny type of dealer bashing here the tractor i am buying is a 2021 model with 270hrs....so not exactly new just new to me!

They are willing to do it, but they want to charge 250 bucks or 2 hrs shop time to do it....thats 125 an hour shop time....💲💲💲
Offer $250 less for the tractor.

Problem solved.

Today, 125 an hour shop time is pretty reasonable actually.
Thats the going rate in my area also $125 hr and all dealers are pretty much on par no matter the brand here....

So here is where the dealer left me..they swapped the tires to what they are calling the wide position. For me that is better than the narrow position. However they told me they could not set the outer ring tabs to the outside of the inner rim. They said it is because of the cutouts on the back of the cast rim and those rims only have two settings narrow and wide...They said the cutouts are where the tabs go. I need someone that has experience or factual knowledge with this to tell me why the tabs cannot go on the outside of the inner ring. I have, and can pull images from other kubota tractors with the rings to the outside of the inner rim on a medium setting.
I also have looked in the M6060 owners manual and it tells you the cast rims are an option. But it does not tell you the spacing for those rims or how they should be mounted.

this is what i wanted them to do

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
   / Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question #18  
Just buy the tractor and don't worry about a potential flat and making it easier for the tire guy lol.

/ Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question #19  
Been out here in the boon dox 40+ years now. Had two tractors. NEVER had a flat -KOW. I have ag rims on my M6040 and they are mounted just like the pic posted by the OP.

NO WAY would I ever consider fixing a flat on my tractor. Each rear tire is filled with RimGuard and weighs over 1000 pounds. Besides - I'm just too old for that type of job AND it's too easy to call the local tire store.

Been out here in the boon dox 40+ years now. Had two tractors. NEVER had a flat -KOW. I have ag rims on my M6040 and they are mounted just like the pic posted by the OP.

NO WAY would I ever consider fixing a flat on my tractor. Each rear tire is filled with RimGuard and weighs over 1000 pounds. Besides - I'm just too old for that type of job AND it's too easy to call the local tire store.
Well, that is pretty good luck to not have a flat...Ive had my share over the years and know how things mite go. I do not plan to change a full fluid filled tire either, Just if it is flat or going flat and the fluid level is already dropping anyway....been there done that...I de- beaded a rear tire plowing so fast one time all the fluid passing me in the furrow looked like a small creek.....try getting a tire truck in the plowed field on a hillside so we could use the crane arm to reseat it.. fun day on the farm...been there done that!