Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question

/ Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question
Just buy the tractor and don't worry about a potential flat and making it easier for the tire guy lol.
Thats one way to look at it I guess.....

/ Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question #22  
You do realize that the additional holes in the cast center are for adding even additional weight?

Oh yeah! Those holes are for additional weight, I like my tractors heavy and my chics light.

Attachments

• Phone Pics 005 (8).jpg
    Phone Pics 005 (8).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20221030_151356538.jpg
    IMG_20221030_151356538.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 70
   / Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question #23  
Because of what I grow (alfalfa hay), tillage is not in my realm of operations to do so excessive wheel weight and/or filled tires aren't something I want or require. Besides, again, it crushes the alfalfa plants and lowers my yields and because I sell it (alfalfa hay) I want maximum yield all the time.

If I need to have a field fitted for replanting, I'll call one of the locals (everyone here farms, mostly row crops) and have them fit for me. Don't even own any tillage tools and don't want to actually.

The ONLY reason I run cast centers is because both my M's regularly move and load round bales on semi trucks and the loaders on both can easily overcome the rear axle and cause them to become unstable, especially in hay field conditions or if the rounds are excessively heavy.

/ Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question #24  
Tire truck changes tires without removing the rims anyways.

I had one flat on a rear (with/fluid) I did remove rim and tire, haul to tire shop with truck, had them do it there etc. Wasn't worth the headache. Didn't really save any money by the time I had a couple hours in unbolting, loading, driving, waiting, driving, unloading, rebolting.

New rubber went on another tractor (with fluid) and the tire truck came to the farm.

/ Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question #25  
Hey, I have been negotiating with a dealer on a used M6060 they have on their used lot. Good shape and deal is almost done. But it has the cast iron rear wheels with radials. I do not know the exact size radials at the moment, but here is my question, The outer rim is mounted to the inside of the cast center ( I will try to post a picture ). The dealer dosent seem to want to swap them to where the outer rim is mounted to the outside of the inner cast rim. I would like it done that way, because of thinking future possible flat repair. If the outer rim is mounted to the outside of the cast rim, I figure that if i had a flat, I could just jack the tractor up, remove outer rim bolts and remove the tire and aouter rim and take it to get fixed. This way i do not have to deal with the weight of the cast iron rim and just leave it on the tractor. The added 4 inches on each side of width is another bonus for my hillsides. Anybody have the cast iron rear wheels mounted this way? is it the right way? like I say dealer really dosen't seem to want to do it, thanks

this is how they are now. all i want them to do is mount outer rim to outside of the cast center instead of inside like this......

View attachment 814945
Just wondering if the only reason you want them mounted that way if in case of needing to remove them for repair? Will the changing the tire spacing affect the use of the tractor say in row crop use or trailer it will fit on. Mine are setup that way and I want to pull them back in for trailering it. You do have the option of loading the tractor and hauling it to the shop which I have done and also used repair truck to the same tractor. Just depends on the situation.

/ Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question #26  
I agree with you completely on this, however to be clear and not get in a ny type of dealer bashing here the tractor i am buying is a 2021 model with 270hrs....so not exactly new just new to me!

They are willing to do it, but they want to charge 250 bucks or 2 hrs shop time to do it....thats 125 an hour shop time....💲💲💲
OK, that makes it a bit more understandable.
Thats not a terrible price.
Get the tractor set up like you want and you’ll be happier, but don’t worry about tire removal for repair, they repair them on the tractor.

/ Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question #27  
Hey, I have been negotiating with a dealer on a used M6060 they have on their used lot. Good shape and deal is almost done. But it has the cast iron rear wheels with radials. I do not know the exact size radials at the moment, but here is my question, The outer rim is mounted to the inside of the cast center ( I will try to post a picture ). The dealer dosent seem to want to swap them to where the outer rim is mounted to the outside of the inner cast rim. I would like it done that way, because of thinking future possible flat repair. If the outer rim is mounted to the outside of the cast rim, I figure that if i had a flat, I could just jack the tractor up, remove outer rim bolts and remove the tire and aouter rim and take it to get fixed. This way i do not have to deal with the weight of the cast iron rim and just leave it on the tractor. The added 4 inches on each side of width is another bonus for my hillsides. Anybody have the cast iron rear wheels mounted this way? is it the right way? like I say dealer really dosen't seem to want to do it, thanks

this is how they are now. all i want them to do is mount outer rim to outside of the cast center instead of inside like this......

View attachment 814945
Cast steel. Whole different animal.

/ Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question #28  
   / Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question #30  
Think you will find that the optional wheel centers are cast iron, not cast steel.
Ill hit one with a welder.cast won't hold as a wheel center. Maybe nodular cast, which is weldable and more along with cast steel.