Comparison Kubota Mini Ex's

/ Kubota Mini Ex's #21  
You are where I was 2 to 3 years ago. Almost spent 10 grand on a backhoe unit for my MX, but with a really bad left Knee problem I ruled that out. Then went to possibly renting 1 , 2 or more months at a time, but factored in working, weather, cost, and couldn't justify it. So...last fall I pulled the trigger on the 71, 38K new, out the door. Is that justified?, I don't know. But, I have it when I want it, it is a dedicated unit, so it doesn't tie up my MX, and I freakin love it ! I figure I keep it 10 to 15 years, put maybe 50 to 80 hours on it a year, then turn around and sell it for a good piece of change. I say it's an investment, and increases my property value with the projects I do with it, it's a win / win for me.

Is that with a cab? If so, that sounds very reasonable.
As much as I want a 121, I doubt I'd ever buy one new, however I could see myself taking the plunge on a smaller unit and just enjoying the extra seat time. I definitely would want a cab.

/ Kubota Mini Ex's
You are where I was 2 to 3 years ago. Almost spent 10 grand on a backhoe unit for my MX, but with a really bad left Knee problem I ruled that out. Then went to possibly renting 1 , 2 or more months at a time, but factored in working, weather, cost, and couldn't justify it. So...last fall I pulled the trigger on the 71, 38K new, out the door. Is that justified?, I don't know. But, I have it when I want it, it is a dedicated unit, so it doesn't tie up my MX, and I freakin love it ! I figure I keep it 10 to 15 years, put maybe 50 to 80 hours on it a year, then turn around and sell it for a good piece of change. I say it's an investment, and increases my property value with the projects I do with it, it's a win / win for me.

Sounds like we have a very similar idea on the Mini - figure for what it costs to rent I will make the investment and have it whenever we need or want it!
Thanks for the info!!!

/ Kubota Mini Ex's
Ended up buying a KX91 - really got to use it some today and was very pleased with it. Powerful and smooth. Thank you all for the advise!

/ Kubota Mini Ex's
Thanks - dug out a 22+ inch fresh cut oak stump tonight that is right next to a bldg - took about 1.5 hrs from start to finish including getting the machine out, practicing running it and even grading the area. Can even guess how long it would have taken with my little BX25. Very impressed with the machine

/ Kubota Mini Ex's #27  
Congrats! Those are incredible machines!

/ Kubota Mini Ex's #28  
I dream about the kx121 some day with a 6 way blade. I think I would use the heck out of a machine like that n

Does Kubota offer a 6 way blade?

I know the angle blade is an option.

A contractor that does work for me has a large Kobelco with a real dozer blade... he can do amazing things with that machine...

/ Kubota Mini Ex's #29  
Welcome to the world of excavator ownership. Your life will be forever changed.

Here's a lazy afternoon making a clearing for my cabin.

WP_20140712_001.jpg
WP_20140712_004.jpg

/ Kubota Mini Ex's #30  
Code54,

Did you find a used KX91 ... or did you go new ?

Cab or open station ?

Pics ... :D