Comparison Kubota Mini Ex's

/ Kubota Mini Ex's #11  
Look at the next size up KX91 I think. They are still nimble
Agree :thumbsup: ... a good compromise between a small unit and a larger one.

/ Kubota Mini Ex's #12  
Thank you. I have heard that several times before, seems a lot of complaints on the Bobcats. I am pretty set on a Kubota. Mainly because it is so easy to get parts, good selection in the trip state area and I have had great luck with their tractors. It seems they have few problems on the mini's overall. Been researching them for months and I really don't read about many problems/concerns.
I am really liking the the KX71. Now the hard part is deciding between new and used. I am going to start with it being for my own personal use so not many hrs but plan on doing some side work with it down the road. Seems the price is not all that far apart on low hr machines.

Been there, done that. I looked for over a year at used machines, couldn't justify the cost vs hours, and ended up buying new. The KX 71's are sweet little machines with quite a bit of power. Perfect for farm / property use.

/ Kubota Mini Ex's
I do like the 91 a lot but the price is a little much for me. (roughly another 8-10k) and I sure don't want to break that news to the wife.....
I plan to use the machine around the house for various jobs - ditching, maybe some tree stump removals (no hurry at all, been doing it with a little Kubota BX25), digging out some banks for fill, making trails in the woods, stuff along that lines. May do some light work for others (will get insurance, contractors lic, etc) on the side when I retire in a few years but nothing real heavy duty. People here need driveway/road repairs, ditching, running lines, little jobs along those lines that most regular contractors are not interested in. Only thinking part time and something just to make some extra spending money after costs. I believe the 71 fits the build and the 0% finance rate is a LOT better than anything I can find for a slightly used 91 so that is making me lean that way. Am I missing something? THANKS

/ Kubota Mini Ex's #14  
I do like the 91 a lot but the price is a little much for me. (roughly another 8-10k) and I sure don't want to break that news to the wife.....
I plan to use the machine around the house for various jobs - ditching, maybe some tree stump removals (no hurry at all, been doing it with a little Kubota BX25), digging out some banks for fill, making trails in the woods, stuff along that lines. May do some light work for others (will get insurance, contractors lic, etc) on the side when I retire in a few years but nothing real heavy duty. People here need driveway/road repairs, ditching, running lines, little jobs along those lines that most regular contractors are not interested in. Only thinking part time and something just to make some extra spending money after costs. I believe the 71 fits the build and the 0% finance rate is a LOT better than anything I can find for a slightly used 91 so that is making me lean that way. Am I missing something? THANKS

I just bought a U25 Kubota with 42 hours on it, for 25k. with 2 buckets and a thumb. Great little machine, i really wanted a kx121 but they were too much money and i was not buying a machine with 3000+ hours

But I'm a picky home owner and don't like beat up stuff. I am really happy with the 0 tail swing machine, it really helps in tight places and helps avoid getting the machine scratched up in the bushes.

Here is a pic of both my machines, the U25 mini and my new L3560 Tractor, a little over kill for 10 acres but now i can do anything i want when i want! lol

u25.jpg

u251.jpg

l35.jpg

l354.jpg

/ Kubota Mini Ex's #16  
Nice machines! I rented a U25 for a weekend and had a blast running it. It would be great for trail building and impressed how much power that little thing had.
If and when I buy a mini, I'd want something a little bigger/stronger though.

/ Kubota Mini Ex's #17  
Nice machines! I rented a U25 for a weekend and had a blast running it. It would be great for trail building and impressed how much power that little thing had.
If and when I buy a mini, I'd want something a little bigger/stronger though.

i really wanted to get a 10k machine but they are all are so beat up and high hours, and if you find a low hour machine they still want like 40k for a x121

I'm happy with the U25 its done everything I've needed to do with ease

/ Kubota Mini Ex's
I guess it is a lot like tractors, a small one can do most of the stuff a bigger one will do but it just takes longer. The problem is when you get into Mini Ex's as the size goes up the price dos up exponentially!
At least the 71 and U25's are still sort of decent priced. I am really leaning toward something new, I just don't want some high hr machine that I have to repair and mess with (especially since I really don't know a lot about wrenching on them)

/ Kubota Mini Ex's #19  
I've rented a number of them - KX-41, KX-91, U35 - for a substantial amount of time (measured in months)

The rentals - along with the $7,500 I spent on the backhoe for our B2910 - would have made a decent downpayment on a new unit. If you have the need and can afford it, I think buying is the way to go. Wish I had done it.

I had the KX-41 in mind when I made my previous comment above about going to the larger KX-91.

Looking at the specs on the KX-71, it's a good bit larger than what I originally thought ... nice unit ... :thumbsup:

/ Kubota Mini Ex's #20  
I guess it is a lot like tractors, a small one can do most of the stuff a bigger one will do but it just takes longer. The problem is when you get into Mini Ex's as the size goes up the price dos up exponentially!
At least the 71 and U25's are still sort of decent priced. I am really leaning toward something new, I just don't want some high hr machine that I have to repair and mess with (especially since I really don't know a lot about wrenching on them)

You are where I was 2 to 3 years ago. Almost spent 10 grand on a backhoe unit for my MX, but with a really bad left Knee problem I ruled that out. Then went to possibly renting 1 , 2 or more months at a time, but factored in working, weather, cost, and couldn't justify it. So...last fall I pulled the trigger on the 71, 38K new, out the door. Is that justified?, I don't know. But, I have it when I want it, it is a dedicated unit, so it doesn't tie up my MX, and I freakin love it ! I figure I keep it 10 to 15 years, put maybe 50 to 80 hours on it a year, then turn around and sell it for a good piece of change. I say it's an investment, and increases my property value with the projects I do with it, it's a win / win for me.