Kubota MMM for b series - side or rear discharge?

/ Kubota MMM for b series - side or rear discharge? #11  
I'm confused? LOL Let's start over here. I was saying I also did not ever see a rear discharge mid mount mower for the B models. Not saying there isn't, but I have only seen side discharge.

But you were saying there is no 60 inch side discharge mid mount for the B2650, LX 2610? It lists both a 60 and 72 in the LX brochure. And I had my dealer price me out a B2650 with a 60 inch deck.
But I am not sure if they are both drive over decks? I thought I had read the 72 was not?

/ Kubota MMM for b series - side or rear discharge? #12  
Peruzzo Collection Flail Mower: 45" Cut, 2-45HP Tractors

I am using above implement for leaves and grass pickup. It has two types of blades (light and heavy) and it works great. I use it when I start to transform the land into grass-area, as a first implement and for leaves pickup.
The thing is, that for big areaa , where I will just have plain field, I am not sure if I need to collect the grass. And it's also not so small implement - I think its not easy to operate for "non-regular-tractor-user". This is why I want to buy the MMM.

That looks like an expensive setup with flail mower & collector - I leave all clippings, lawn & filed on the ground and have been doing so for over 20 years.

/ Kubota MMM for b series - side or rear discharge? #13  
That looks like an expensive setup with flail mower & collector - I leave all clippings, lawn & filed on the ground and have been doing so for over 20 years.

I think the OP is making something crazy hard out of the most obvious and easy thing(??) Just buy the side discharge most common for the model... Or WAIT, ... Is he in Europe ? I do not see anything from Kubota on the B2 series except for Europe. That looks like a very new tractor model too. Does he mean BX2200 for example ? Seems NOT. Like the rest of posters I have seen hundreds of Kubotas owned a few, bought them for others, etc. and I never heard of (much less saw) a MMM that was rear discharge. Discharging grass between the rear wheels !!??

/ Kubota MMM for b series - side or rear discharge? #14  
The OP may be overseas. Kubota in the UK shows a rear discharge 60” deck....

IMG_6395.png

Stateside Kubota Build and Price does not offer a 60” deck on the B2650. It may be an error. I found another brochure for the B2650, and it does show a 60” and a 72”, but both side discharge.

/ Kubota MMM for b series - side or rear discharge?
The OP may be overseas. Kubota in the UK shows a rear discharge 60” deck....

View attachment 686497

Stateside Kubota Build and Price does not offer a 60” deck on the B2650. It may be an error. I found another brochure for the B2650, and it does show a 60” and a 72”, but both side discharge.

Hello, Yes I am overseas (Europe). I also noticed, that in the US there is a different model range.
Below is my Kubota picture. Can You tell me , if this is matching with what You guys have ? Maybe it's the same model but just different number?
I join also a scan from Kubota flyer where You can see the possible options which we have for MMM (with rear discharge as well)

/ Kubota MMM for b series - side or rear discharge? #16  
Don't fear the mid mount mower for the B20 or B01 series if that's what you have. They are drive over decks and very easy to take on and off. A single handle on the front of the tractor and a spring pin on each side on the lift arms. Hardest part is reaching under to lock the PTO shaft on.

I have seen rear discharge on the rear 3 point mowers but didn't know they had a rear discharge option for the mid mount. Only benefit to a rear discharge is if you are mowing very long or thick grass, as it distributes the clippings more evenly. But if you mow regularly before it gets out of hand a side discharge is fine.

I have the 60 inch side discharge. And my yard is not level, yet I don't find it scalps at all.
Do your front tires cut the lawn? I have turf tires but the they aren’t kind to the grass on my B2920

/ Kubota MMM for b series - side or rear discharge? #17  
I've got a Woodmaxx FM-62 on a BX2200 and it does a very nice job cutting thick grasses/lawn for those times when I get busy. The MMM would otherwise just clump it up and kill my grasses.

I really like rear discharge versus side.

My neighbor has a KingKutter rear discharge and it cuts marvelously. Does require more HP to mulch everything up.

/ Kubota MMM for b series - side or rear discharge? #18  
Do your front tires cut the lawn? I have turf tires but the they aren’t kind to the grass on my B2920
Not, not at all. But my rears do if it's wet when I do tight circles around my trees. And I am always in 4WD and I have R4's.

My yard is sand. The gras and weeds are all that hold it together. It's actually more weed than grass......but it's green when it's mowed, LOL

/ Kubota MMM for b series - side or rear discharge? #19  
Rear discharge is nicer for mowing around obstacles on both sides of the machine - no big chute on one side to deal with. If you let the grass get long it also tends to leave more clumps.

I find that the side discharge spreads the swarf more evenly and is better for mulching leaves.

Ultimately its up to your personal preference.