Kubota MX4700 help with plumbing 3rd function valve

/ Kubota MX4700 help with plumbing 3rd function valve
Here are the pictures IMG_20180901_091702.jpegIMG_20180901_091533.jpeg

/ Kubota MX4700 help with plumbing 3rd function valve #12  
The pic I posted is not on an MX4700, as I noted, it may be similar. As I said to the OP, post pics of his and I'll tell him where he needs to break into his system. This is another reason I didn't waste any time modifying the pic with symbols and arrows, I can do that to his pic for clarity, as it may be different. Whilst I expect his to be the same, or very similar, it may not be, as I've seen some very "different" homemade takeoff blocks used to replace the OEM cover plate. Even if he has a homemade block, the ports should be in the same place if the OEM relief valve and base block is used. I don't recall if the pic I posted had a backhoe or remote valve, but I think they ran the tank line to the filler plug.
In the next series MX5100 (and possibly next model MX4800) I believe remotes are available attached to the cylinder block, not sure if this was an option on the MX4700 though.

I believe that the hydraulic blocks on the std L models as well as the MX models are all the same.;)

So I should run the lines for the 3rd function to the block and not the control valve? The instructions from land pride do not specify either they just say find the power beyond line. If you haven't guessed I am pretty new at this whole hydraulic thing.

/ Kubota MX4700 help with plumbing 3rd function valve #14  
So I should run the lines for the 3rd function to the block and not the control valve? The instructions from land pride do not specify either they just say find the power beyond line. If you haven't guessed I am pretty new at this whole hydraulic thing.

Typically 3rd function valves are plumbed into the power beyond line just after the loader valve.

/ Kubota MX4700 help with plumbing 3rd function valve #15  
Flkeysff, I saw your other post and then saw this one.

I have a MX with BH power beyond loop, rear remotes, and 3rd Fxn. Let me know exactly what you want a picture of and I can get it tomorrow. :thumbsup:

-Luke

Thanks, I am trying to see where to run the hoses from the 3rd function to the power beyond since the backhoe already is attached to that port. The instructions that come with these are horrible.

/ Kubota MX4700 help with plumbing 3rd function valve #17  
Thanks, I am trying to see where to run the hoses from the 3rd function to the power beyond since the backhoe already is attached to that port. The instructions that come with these are horrible.

First lets make sure your block and 3rd fxn look like mine...

Resizer_15359093582663.jpgResizer_15359093582663.jpg

/ Kubota MX4700 help with plumbing 3rd function valve #18  
Since you have a backhoe, finding the right port is easy. Since you have a backhoe, plumbing it up is not so easy as the hoses won't all fit and you will have to modify them or have a local hydraulics place make new ones.

I assume you are using the kit from Land Pride. If not, please let us know. I have a MX4800, so i've been looking at this too, but haven't written the check yet.

BTW: The FEL valve body should have letters cast into the valve body near the ports. Power beyond on my tractor is the outboard fitting and labeled "BY."

Right now you have power beyond from the FEL valve going directly to the rear loop servicing the backhoe. So, trace your two backhoe lines. One should go to manifold under the tractor. That is power beyond OUT of the backhoe and routes to the 3pt on the back side of the manifold.

The other hose goes up to the FEL valve. The FEL valve port it is attached to is the power beyond port and you will use this for the 3rd function. You remove the backhoe hose and attach the 3rd function input hose here.

The Land Pride instructions get a little wonky here. Somehow, you have to reconnect the backhoe. I assume it would go like this...The PB port on the 3rd function valve should go to the backhoe. But, its way too short. The original backhoe hose is too long and maybe has a wrong end fitting. I would either measure and take that hose to your local hydraulics place and have them shorten it and add a fitting, or just use that hose to help figure out the length and get a whole new hose made.

However, the land pride instructions say (step 1, page 2) to remove the PB hose from the FEL and the manifold block. That hose from the FEL goes to the backhoe. I get lost after that.

I'm not sure if you need a tank and a PB port on the 3rd function. But, the instructions are vague here. I guess if I had a valve in hand, it would be easier to determine.

/ Kubota MX4700 help with plumbing 3rd function valve #19  
With a constant-flow hydraulic system All the valves must:
  • Be "Open / Tandem Center" type
  • Have a HP Power Beyond Port
  • Have a LP Tank Return Port
  • The High Pressure hydraulic lines must be connected in Series with the last valve's PB OUT being connected to the Tractor's HP "IN / Return" Port (not dead-ended)
  • The LP "T Out / Tank Return" from each and every valve must be connected to the Tractor "Tank IN" Port.

The series chain of valves can be connected in any convenient order as long as each valve is rated for the pump maximum flow-rate across the P > PB Ports AND all lines and fittings in that HP P > PB Chain are similarly sized for the pump-rated maximum flow (even though the "Working Ports" and lines on any given implement valve may be rated lower).

The LP "T" line from each valve can be connected in any fashion ("Tee" fittings or multiple-line manifold) as long as the all get to the Tractor LP Tanks Return Port.

You can usually figure out both the Tractor Ports and the Valve Ports by inspection ...
  • IGNORE all lines to working cylinders
  • Look for the LP Tractor Tank Return Port, usually near/on the transmission case - follow the line(s) from that to each implement control valve - you've now ID'd the LP "T" Port on each valve. You may find "Tee" connections on this path.
  • You're left with the HP line Series Chain running from Tractor HP OUT to Valve "P /IN" and from Valve "PB/OUT" to the next Valve "P/IN" ending back at the Tractor HP Return. If you can find an "IN" or "OUT / PB / BY" mark or arrow on any of those ports, you know the direction of flow and can trace the whole chain for all the valves and the tractor ports. You will not find any "Tee's" or 'dead-ends' on this path.

IF your tractor has a variable-flow pump / load-sensing hydraulic system, none of the above applies.

Attachments

• Series Connected Hyd Valves WITH PB.png
    Series Connected Hyd Valves WITH PB.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
OK first thanks for all the input, it is a little confusing but maybe that because I am reading this on my phone. I currently have unhooked the on port off of the control valve which goes straight to the backhoe and connected it to the T port on the 3rd function. The P port has a hose run to the on on the control valve. The grapple works but I currently do not have my backhoe attached to test it out. Should this be a problem?