Kubota or mahindra

/ Kubota or mahindra #101  
Believe it or not some folks pay CASH for tractors.. :rolleyes: You NOT the only Big $hooter on this website. :poop:
Yeah….doesn’t make much sense to finance a homeowner tractor. It’s not really a pure profit making tractor, like one used for work/farming.

/ Kubota or mahindra #102  
You are showing your ignorance. My tractor was manufactured and assembled in PA. Only the engine is made by Mitsubishi in Japan.
I don't believe they actually manufacture any tractors in the US, only some final assembly such as wheels/tires cabs etc.
Just things that they they leave off where manufactured so they are easier to ship, typically crated tractors.
All the US locations are only listed as assembly/distribution facilities.

The only complete manufacturing locations I could find were located in India and China. This was when I was looking at them a couple years ago, but it doesn't appear enything has changed.

/ Kubota or mahindra #105  
I based my statement on what I saw the guy and his son doing. From what I saw in that video he would have been more productive with a hydrostat utility tractor for that type of work. Just my two cents.
From what I saw in the video it was mainly inexperience with a loader and the tractor. ( HST or gear doesn't change that)
I do that type of work with my shuttle gear tractor often, fast and easy

Last edited:
   / Kubota or mahindra #107  
The only obvious way to make a totally rational decision is to buy the one that has your favorite color of paint.
Ha! That is so true. I wish someone would produce a great tractor that was blue, green, red, orange. white stripped. Now that would be a #1 market share and one hell of a tractor. Ha. Great post Cougsfan Boy, hope I didn't leave out a color!

Last edited:
   / Kubota or mahindra #110  
I take issue with the statement, "The Japanese tractor maker is often credited for fully developing the compact and utility tractor market..." They like Deere took their design cues from Ford. Ford started the compact/utility segment with their 1000 series. Kubota was the first to start the small diesel engine category.

Hmm... FWIW, this study done in 1982, says the Ford 1000 series tractors were built by Shibauru. At that time the Japanese compact tractor industry had several major players - all making their own diesel engines. Yanmar lead the world in large ship diesels.
Who Actually Makes Various Tractors_pg 1.jpg