Kubota or mahindra

/ Kubota or mahindra
Pity you are limiting your choice to these two but Kubota, would be my decision.
Well I started out w these two but in a later post I said I’d consider others. My dealer choices in WY are Kioti, Kubota, JD, and Case. That’s prob my field now

/ Kubota or mahindra #152  
I’m thinking of a tractor upgrade. Want a cab, front loader, 40+ hp, and HST. Considering a Mahindra 40 hp or a Kubota MX5400. Both have plus benefits. No mowing but utility usage.
I currently have a cabless Kioti w loader, backhoe and forks.
I’ve had Kubota tractors for about 20 years. No complaints, yet, and I’ve worked them pretty hard. I have an L4330HST with a cab, and it’s great. I’ve never heard a positive word about Mahindra, and I have heard people pretty bitter about their experience. I’d say, if price is important, and service/durability will not be an isssue (e.g. light, occasional use), save your money, and buy Mahindra. It won’t have much resale value, though. If you are going to work the machine hard, put a lot of hours on it, and will lose money if it goes down, get you a Kubota or John Deere.

/ Kubota or mahindra #153  
I hear Mahindra is hard to get parts for Kubota is not what they used to be I own a Branson check out the lift capacities and the weight and also the cost. Also check out TYM tractor. Good luck on your venture.

/ Kubota or mahindra #155  
Yes, those 2000 thru 5000 were real Fords and built in real Ford-owned manufacturing plants. The problem at the time was that those plants were in Europe and people were concerned that Ford was sending jobs overseas.
FFWD 40 years and nothing has changed....!

Those sheets are just some historical literature that I kept from when I was looking for another tractor back in the 1980s. Lots of new generation dealers at the time were giving them out. There's a second page too. Here it is below.

Back then there were a lot of people concerned that the old time traditional and successful US tractor manufacturers were losing the lead in tractor manufacturing. That lead to a strong feeling of resentment against foreign made tractors being imported because the imports were thought to be depressing sales of domestic equipment.

Now we know that the major US tractor manufacturers really had been left far behind in the innovation and manufacturing of tractorts. The USA was building simple lawn and garden tractors where the rest of the world was building sophisticated compact ag tractors. The US tractor industry's response was to import those foreign made compact tractors, do some basic assembly to avoid tariffs, and then repaint and rebrand them as their own.

At the time, that rebranding was happening most people didn't believe that the US manufacturers would do such a thing. It led to some some fierce arguments. These sheets were part of that battle between the real manufacturers and the rebranders.

It's just history,
rScotty
View attachment 715658
Thanks for sharing this Scotty! I love stuff like this. It's quite incredible that you kept it all these years in mint condition. This is definitely what I refer to as internet gold!

By the way we used to have a Long 360, it was a great tractor.

Last edited:
   / Kubota or mahindra #158  
With an HST I'd look hard at the Mahindra. I don't like the foot pedal on Kubota HST's which is why I went with a Kubota M4 shuttle. I own a Mahindra 4035 HST from 2011 and have worked it REAL hard. Other than the fuel line issue it's been a pretty good tractor. There is not a Mahindra dealer in sight in my neck of the woods anymore, which is why I went with Kubota. Can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Kubota dealer around here.

/ Kubota or mahindra #160  
I’m thinking of a tractor upgrade. Want a cab, front loader, 40+ hp, and HST. Considering a Mahindra 40 hp or a Kubota MX5400. Both have plus benefits. No mowing but utility usage.
I currently have a cabless Kioti w loader, backhoe and forks.
I have a 2004 Kubota L5030 HST with a cab. It has been, and still is a great tractor. It has had zero problems. I use it with a FEL, 6' front mounted snowblower, brush hog, 6' rotor tiller and post hole digger. It's 49 HP has always been more than enough to get the job done. It also has 3 pto's. I live in cold and snow country so have added a block heater, battery blanket, remote start and even Sirius radio. 🙂(y)