Kubota owner gets up close to Deere

varmint

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200, then a Kubota L3130 HST, now a Kubota L3400 HST
Saw this at our State Fair, and couldn't resist. But, no loader, so not interested. I noticed the filters were marked with 1051 hours, so it's had some use.

Big Deere.JPG

bikerdib

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L4701
PFFF!! My B3300 would walk all over that thing.

Actually, my green lawn tractor and my orange CUT share a garage/shop. I've never heard any squabbling out there, they get along great. Then again, I do keep my boat parked between them, maybe it acts as referee.

Back when I was still an iron worker we got small crane stuck while building a large warehouse for a tractor dealer. He handed me the keys for one like that (8 wheel articulating). I backed up to the crane and a fellow worker hooked up a heavy chain. I slowly pulled forward to tighten the chain. Everyone started laughing and yelling, the chain had snapped and I didn't even know it, never felt it. Amazing power.

oldballs

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 , Case 448 , Kubota B2650
Hey varmint, you look quite comfortable there. Was a hearty laugh for me this evening.
Cheers,
Mike

4570Man

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M59, Kubota L3800, Grasshopper 428D, Topkick dump truck, 3500 dump truck, 10 ton trailer, more lighter trailers.
Now that's a tractor! Just curious. Can you even get a loader for that model? Steve
Why would you need one? That is what you would use a real loader for. image-4285190000.jpg

AStanton

Platinum Member
My neighbor does construction and I had an opportunity to put my Kubota next to his Deere one day.

Attachments

• Deere and Kubota B3030.jpg
    Deere and Kubota B3030.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 235

brown40

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3520
Imagine the loader width to cover the footprint on a dual or triple set-up, and the leverage exerted from the corner. "Perfect for getting into those tight 16 foot areas" :)

OP
varmint

varmint

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200, then a Kubota L3130 HST, now a Kubota L3400 HST
AStanton, your photo reminded me of a great video I ran across last winter from Scandinavia, showing a BIG Volvo loader doing snow removal in the countryside where they must regularly get serious snow. It's bucket would comfortably fit a Mini. The operator's cab and controls looked first class, too.

CobyRupert

Tractor
JD 5075E
Never seen a FEL on them, but I see plows (push blades) on those series a lot. Farmers use them to push & pack silage and corn in trenches.
(I always wonder about farmers using the tractor with the most dual tires for compacting. Sure, they can cover a wide area, but I wonder the actual compaction forces must be less. Maybe somebody can do the math? )

davesl708

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200D,
My BX will take on that jolly green giant. It has a lot of heart.:dance1: