Kubota owner gets up close to Deere

/ Kubota owner gets up close to Deere #1  

varmint

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200, then a Kubota L3130 HST, now a Kubota L3400 HST
Saw this at our State Fair, and couldn't resist. But, no loader, so not interested. I noticed the filters were marked with 1051 hours, so it's had some use.

Big Deere.JPG

/ Kubota owner gets up close to Deere #2  
PFFF!! My B3300 would walk all over that thing.

Actually, my green lawn tractor and my orange CUT share a garage/shop. I've never heard any squabbling out there, they get along great. Then again, I do keep my boat parked between them, maybe it acts as referee.

Back when I was still an iron worker we got small crane stuck while building a large warehouse for a tractor dealer. He handed me the keys for one like that (8 wheel articulating). I backed up to the crane and a fellow worker hooked up a heavy chain. I slowly pulled forward to tighten the chain. Everyone started laughing and yelling, the chain had snapped and I didn't even know it, never felt it. Amazing power.

/ Kubota owner gets up close to Deere #3  
Now that's a tractor!

Just curious. Can you even get a loader for that model?

Steve

/ Kubota owner gets up close to Deere #4  
Hey varmint, you look quite comfortable there. Was a hearty laugh for me this evening.
Cheers,
Mike

/ Kubota owner gets up close to Deere #5  
Now that's a tractor! Just curious. Can you even get a loader for that model? Steve
Why would you need one? That is what you would use a real loader for. image-4285190000.jpg

/ Kubota owner gets up close to Deere #6  
My neighbor does construction and I had an opportunity to put my Kubota next to his Deere one day.

Attachments

• Deere and Kubota B3030.jpg
    Deere and Kubota B3030.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 268
   / Kubota owner gets up close to Deere #7  
Imagine the loader width to cover the footprint on a dual or triple set-up, and the leverage exerted from the corner. "Perfect for getting into those tight 16 foot areas" :)

/ Kubota owner gets up close to Deere
AStanton, your photo reminded me of a great video I ran across last winter from Scandinavia, showing a BIG Volvo loader doing snow removal in the countryside where they must regularly get serious snow. It's bucket would comfortably fit a Mini. The operator's cab and controls looked first class, too.

/ Kubota owner gets up close to Deere #9  
Never seen a FEL on them, but I see plows (push blades) on those series a lot. Farmers use them to push & pack silage and corn in trenches.
(I always wonder about farmers using the tractor with the most dual tires for compacting. Sure, they can cover a wide area, but I wonder the actual compaction forces must be less. Maybe somebody can do the math? )

/ Kubota owner gets up close to Deere #10  
My BX will take on that jolly green giant. It has a lot of heart.:dance1: