Kubota pricing (new)

/ Kubota pricing (new) #1  

fmgsr

Tractor
BX2380
Hello all. New to site and tractors.
I have 2 & 1/2 acres with much work to be done.
I currently have been using a Husquavarna GT, But im tired of
spinning my wheels and hurting my back.

Everyone in the area talks Kubota. So I went 3 miles from home
to a dealer. Been there and discussed prices several times.
I ordered a few days ago a BX1880 with a loader, belly mower, and
front snow blade. I still have time to change the order. He charged
me $16900. + tax + few fees.

I don't know if im doing ok on it. I don't know if I should get a larger
one that is higher up so I don't have to keep pulling the mower off.

Anywhere online I can get prices on new Kubota's
I don't want to be sorry I under powered the machine or shoulda woulda.

Frank

/ Kubota pricing (new) #2  
Your LOCATION is helpful as part of your T-B-N PROFILE.
Tractor pricing is regional. Altitude influences engine power output. Location informs us about your snow.
In multiple states ag equipment is sales tax exempt upon proper application.

The fundamental importance of TRACTOR WEIGHT eludes many tractor shoppers. Heavier tractor weight is more important for most tractor applications than increased tractor horsepower. Bare tractor weight is a tractor specification easily found in sales brochures and web sites, readily comparable across tractor brands and tractor models, new and used. The most efficient way to shop for tractors is to define potential tractor applications first, then determine bare tractor weight needed to safely accomplish your tasks.

Heavier tractors are constructed on larger frames and are built using thicker steel which withstands high stress. Heavier tractors have larger wheels/tires. A heavier tractor with large diameter tires has more tractive power pulling ground contact implements, pushing a loader bucket into dirt and pushing snow. Large wheels and tires increase ground clearance, enabling a heavier tractor to bridge holes, ruts and tree debris with less bucking and less operator disturbance.

Within subcompact and compact tractor categories, bare tractor weight must increase 50% before you notice a significant tractor capability increase. It takes a 100% increase in bare tractor weight to elicit MY-OH-MY!

Perhaps you should consider a Three Point Hitch mounted Fihish Mower rather than a belly mower.
VIDEOS (2): Comparing Finish Mowers (midmount VS 3-point) - Kubota B261 - YouTube
How to REMOVE AND INSTALL KUBOTA BX SERIES mower deck - YouTube

You may want to consider efficacy of a Kubota snow push box relative to a blade.
VIDEO: *NEW* Land Pride Snow Pushboxes for BX, B & L Series Kubota Compact Tractors - YouTube

You can determine Kubota MSRPs on Kubota's web site.
LINK: https://apps.kubotausa.com/configurator/BuildMyKubota.aspx?pgId=1&bmId=1130&sId=122

He charged me $16900. + sales tax + few fees.
Dealer "fees" are always suspicious.
In multiple states ag equipment is sales tax exempt upon proper application.

Have you considered KTAC insurance? KTAC insurance - Google Search

Many buy a subcompact tractor with a bare weight of 1,300 pounds for 2-3 acres and are completely happy. The average subcompact or compact tractor used in a residential application clocks eighty engine hours per year, according to industry surveys.

Others select an increment heavier tractor for greater ground clearance, smoother ride and greater Loader lift capacity. Kubota B series tractors weigh 1,600 to 1,900 pounds bare tractor and have a tad more horsepower. If you expect to clock 100 engine hours per year or more, a B series tractor may be additional money well spent.
VIDEOS (2): Is the Kubota BX188 enough tractor for you? - YouTube
Kubota BX Series VS. B Series - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twiuHtt4r74&t=14s

A quality dealer, reasonably close, available for coaching, is important for tractor neophytes. Almost every new tractor is delivered with some glitch requiring dealer correction. My Kubota dealer is six miles away. I feel my local dealer continues to add value to my equipment after seven years. Dealer proximity is less important to those experienced with tractors and qualified to perform their own maintenance.

Last edited:
   / Kubota pricing (new) #3  
First order of business, like when you buy any tool, large or small, is to figure out what *exactly* do you need that tool to do for you. What tasks or work are you wanting this to do that your Husq can't, or has problems with? And are you planning on keeping the Husq as well, or will this replace it?

/ Kubota pricing (new) #4  
How much snow do you get? How long is the drive/area you need to plow? What is this “much work to be done” you speak of ;) Can you list all of these tasks out specifically and what you want to accomplish with the machine? As always Jeff has some great advice and resources for you to check out as well.

The only piece I will add is buying tractors isnt like buying an automobile. It is best to give it a lot more thought up front and think about what you will be doing with your place for the next couple of decades...then try and fit a machine to the work. In some cases it may be better to rent or even pay a professional for parts of the work.

/ Kubota pricing (new) #5  
What Jeff & Jchonline have said. A tractor purchase is usually a lifetime investment. I bought my first tractor brand new in '82 and kept it for 27 years. In 2009 I traded it in for a brand new Kubota M6040 - four times the weight of my original tractor - 2.5X the hp.

I will echo Jeff's comment - - update your profile with your location.

/ Kubota pricing (new) #6  
I have a bx and it is great for mowing, maneuvering around tight spots, scooping up a dump truck load of sand/mulch and moving trailers. However, it wasn't great in a pasture or with ground engaging equipment like a plow or tiller. I ended up with a bigger frame b and it lifts a lot more a lot higher and the ride with the bigger tires is much better and I can lift 3 pt hitch equipment much higher at the cost of some nimbleness. As noted, your tasks and budget should guide you.

/ Kubota pricing (new) #7  
the main things to consider are what are main jobs you want to do ,and your budget.it sounds like a fair price for the equipment your getting.one thing I have learned is that all these small tractors will do much more ,than they probably should .the versatility is great.but if your budget allows get as large a machine as you can and still do all you want.

/ Kubota pricing (new)
Thanks for the responses. Let me try to answer some info left out.
I am in Tannersville PA. (Poconos). I had the house built and moved in about 3 yrs ago.
I have 2 & 1/2 acres. I had a landscaper install top soil and hydroseed just around the house.
The grass area is only about 6,000 sf. The rest of my property is woods. I have a driveway
about 125'. A lot of the trees need to come down, they are mostly shallow rooted trees that tend
to topple with a strong storm. Some have been taken down already, some stumps need to
come out (shallow). Then I have started putting wood chips down. The husquavarna couldn't
handle the area without getting stuck (no locking diff.) I had to pull it out several times with my
Harley Trike, now I wish I woulda had a video of that. Also hurt my back last month trying to push it.

Jeff, I will ask the dealer about - "ag equipment is sales tax exempt upon proper application"
I did consider 3 point mount, but I don't like to worry behind me.
I did watch the videos, and I like the PushBoxes, looks like I would save big than with the blade.
I will talk to him about that.

Have you considered KTAC insurance?
Yes, I am getting it.

Many buy a subcompact tractor with a bare weight of 1,300 pounds for 2-3 acres and are completely happy.
Others select an increment heavier tractor for greater ground clearance, smoother ride and greater Loader lift capacity. Kubota B series tractors weigh 1,600 to 1,900 pounds bare tractor and have a tad more horsepower. If you expect to clock 100 engine hours per year or more, a B series tractor may be additional money well spent.

Well, the ground clearance and weight is a concern, That is what im now thinking.
But from the 17,000 BX to the B, What could I expect the difference to be?

Slowpoke, I did sell the Husquavarna.

Jchonline, snow varies year to year. Last year, several light snowfalls, one big.
Friday, we just had 8".

OOSIK, I agree- "A tractor purchase is usually a lifetime investment"
That's why I want to do it right.

SkipperBrown, Im now thinking more towards a B instead of the BX.
Alflen, Budget is always a concern, But, like what OOSIK said, 'lifetime investment"

Thanks all
Frank

/ Kubota pricing (new) #9  
Hello all. New to site and tractors.
I have 2 & 1/2 acres with much work to be done.
I currently have been using a Husquavarna GT, But im tired of
spinning my wheels and hurting my back.

Everyone in the area talks Kubota. So I went 3 miles from home
to a dealer. Been there and discussed prices several times.
I ordered a few days ago a BX1880 with a loader, belly mower, and
front snow blade. I still have time to change the order. He charged
me $16900. + tax + few fees.

I don't know if im doing ok on it. I don't know if I should get a larger
one that is higher up so I don't have to keep pulling the mower off.

Anywhere online I can get prices on new Kubota's
I don't want to be sorry I under powered the machine or shoulda woulda.

Frank

For a 3 thousand more you can probably get a BX 25 (it has a new # now) and have the advantage of the Back Hoe. The BH is part of the price. A place like yours you will use a BH more than you think now. Mine has been a real workhorse and glad I went for it. Why pay the additional for a "B" when the BX will get er done. A "B" w/BH will be well over $20K .

Ron

/ Kubota pricing (new) #10  
Im now thinking more towards a B instead of the BX.
From the 17,000 BX to the B, What could I expect the difference to be?

Steel and machinery prices are escalating rapidly. You will do better calculating an MSRP yourself, based on accurate, current, MSRPs.

[UIimplement[/U] prices have escalated 8% to 10% in the last twelve months. With the dollar again strong, I expect a slower rate of machinery price increases in the next six months, but tariff changes could escalate prices again.

"BUILD MY KUBOTA" LINK: https://apps.kubotausa.com/configurator/productselector.aspx?pgId=1

VIDEOS: Kubota B261 VS Kubota B265 - YouTube

Kubota LA534 Front Loader Removal & Operation | Messick's - YouTube

Last edited: