Kubota Revamps LX Product Line Again

/ Kubota Revamps LX Product Line Again
I think its important for people to understand that just because the size or power output of any given tractor isn't useful for their application doesn't mean it isn't perfect for someone else. I hope I get my hands on one because I'll use every bit of that 40hp.
amhicks, I think that tractor is targeted towards people like myself that do mostly property maintenance and mowing where they have both yard and pasture to keep cut. A lot of pasture cutting has terrain that is too rough and grass that grows too high, thick and dense for a zero turn. In that application you need a tractor that has 40hp for the heavy stuff and an E PTO for the light stuff.

/ Kubota Revamps LX Product Line Again #12  
amhicks, I think that tractor is targeted towards people like myself that do mostly property maintenance and mowing where they have both yard and pasture to keep cut. A lot of pasture cutting has terrain that is too rough and grass that grows too high, thick and dense for a zero turn. In that application you need a tractor that has 40hp for the heavy stuff and an E PTO for the light stuff.
That's true for sure. In my case the lx3310 runs a 72" brush hog, 72" tiller, 90" 3pt mower and 60" soil conditioner. All those things would benefit from the extra hp but don't really benefit from a larger frame. Its also used for transporting stone, mulch, trees etc. across established lawns with minimal lawn damage. In addition, being the smallest factory cab machine makes it perfect for city sidewalk snow removal.

That's true for sure. In my case the lx3310 runs a 72" brush hog, 72" tiller, 90" 3pt mower and 60" soil conditioner. All those things would benefit from the extra hp but don't really benefit from a larger frame. Its also used for transporting stone, mulch, trees etc. across established lawns with minimal lawn damage. In addition, being the smallest factory cab machine makes it perfect for city sidewalk snow removal.
You're right on the money about soil compaction. That is something that is very rarely mentioned around here. I wish Mohammed would start collecting data on this site because I would be interested in knowing what the statistics are for the different category and use types for tractors around here.

Between you and I, I think we just explained what the target purposes are for that machine. Now with that said, I would like to take that a step further and identify what the target purposes are for the other class of machines for future new comers.

Well it's kind of ironic but Mike Morgan just announced that he is replacing his BX Kubota with an LX 3310. It's also kind of funny that he's getting a tractor from Kubota that is going to be obsolete in about 6 months. I suspect they're doing this to help dealers sell the rest of the old inventory before they roll out the new LX4020.

I found this video tonight when I was doing some research. I am surprised I never saw it before but I guess I wasn't ready to see it then.
The LX series is the B series renamed.

I'm adding this video into the discussion as Neil highlights the importance of application. I took some time tonight to flip through several tractor brochures and what I found is none of them mention much of anything about intended use or application. I know this is done on purpose because the manufactures have to let the dealers earn their money somehow.