Kubota RTV1120 2 meter ham radio install

/ Kubota RTV1120 2 meter ham radio install #11  
FB on operating from a Park, the Scouts and being a VE! I need to get my CW speed up to par...

/ Kubota RTV1120 2 meter ham radio install #12  
Advanced Extra and VE here in CO. Mainly HF, but I do have some VHF rigs. Feel free to post more pictures of the setup!

/ Kubota RTV1120 2 meter ham radio install
I really enjoy CW, I understand it’s not for everyone but it’s old school and the roots of our hobby. I encourage hams to at least try it. Many more learning resources now than when I learned back in 1972!

Advanced Extra and VE here in CO. Mainly HF, but I do have some VHF rigs. Feel free to post more pictures of the setup!

Here’s the CM200. The mount was made with 2” exhaust clamps welded to angle iron. Used power pole connectors

IMG_0548.jpg

/ Kubota RTV1120 2 meter ham radio install #16  
Wife and I got our license a few years ago. Have some dead cellular spots on the farm. Several good local repeaters. Station to station works good. Use HT Yaesu radios work well in the wooded, dusty tractor environment. Hooks on the ROPS. Can be hosed off.
KM4LVU

I have a Yaesu FT3D and two FTM400 units. I really enjoy C4FM digital mode. There are a few repeaters I can hit that allow Fusion digital. The other day I was in my car talking with a gentleman in Scotland. Amazing technology for sure.

/ Kubota RTV1120 2 meter ham radio install #18  
I have a Yaesu FT3D and two FTM400 units. I really enjoy C4FM digital mode. There are a few repeaters I can hit that allow Fusion digital. The other day I was in my car talking with a gentleman in Scotland. Amazing technology for sure.
Steve, if 'ya get tired of one of those FTM 400's, let me know!!;)

/ Kubota RTV1120 2 meter ham radio install #20  
N8QNM here. Never thought to mount a 2m mobile on my tractor. Wouldn't be of much use here since you can holler from one end of the place to the other due to the low signal to noise ratio out here. But if I took the tractor someplace else it could be a real benefit.

Larry N8QNM VE and K2BSA staffer.