Kubota UTV...starting phase

/ Kubota UTV...starting phase #21  
I farm a large property and the owner lets me run the RTV-1100 around. I really want one, but was a little disappointed on how bad it bogs down on steeper hills.
It’s a lot to ask from a 25HP diesel.
It’s funny that my ZD 331 zero turn has 6 more HP.
I still want one. Really wish they’d make one with about 35-40HP. I could live with a DPF/DEF for a machine that could push a small brush mower or run some Toolcat size attachments

/ Kubota UTV...starting phase #22  
Well it is what it is. They are really little 4WD tractors with a different body. You can help by installing the hand throttle kit which will make it operate like a hydro tractor with the floor pedal only controlling the transmission. Also on steep hills back off the pedal, it sounds wrong but it’s actually changing the gear ratio in the pump you will still loose speed but not as quickly.

/ Kubota UTV...starting phase #23  
Well it is what it is. They are really little 4WD tractors with a different body. You can help by installing the hand throttle kit which will make it operate like a hydro tractor with the floor pedal only controlling the transmission. Also on steep hills back off the pedal, it sounds wrong but it’s actually changing the gear ratio in the pump you will still loose speed but not as quickly.
Yep, this one has the hand throttle. It all goes back to the HP limits without a DPF. We all know Kubota could build one with more HP, but room for a DPF would probably require a larger chassis.
I really like them, just think it would be nice to see one compete in the Toolcat size range

/ Kubota UTV...starting phase #24  
Yep, this one has the hand throttle. It all goes back to the HP limits without a DPF. We all know Kubota could build one with more HP, but room for a DPF would probably require a larger chassis.
I really like them, just think it would be nice to see one compete in the Toolcat size range
I have owned 2 kubotas a 2006 RTV 900 that I ran 15 years it was flawless.I purchased a 2021 RTV 1100c last winter because of the great dependability I had with the 2006. model.

Attachments

• tempImageOXFIMT.jpg
    tempImageOXFIMT.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,004
  • tempImageI4OWuN.jpg
    tempImageI4OWuN.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 550

/ Kubota UTV...starting phase #25  
I will make a prediction, based on some inside info that you will see a Kubota diesel RTV soon with more ground clearance and close to 40MPH speed. Perhaps more ground clearance. Just reading some tea leaves

/ Kubota UTV...starting phase #26  
I farm a large property and the owner lets me run the RTV-1100 around. I really want one, but was a little disappointed on how bad it bogs down on steeper hills.
It’s a lot to ask from a 25HP diesel.
It’s funny that my ZD 331 zero turn has 6 more HP.
I still want one. Really wish they’d make one with about 35-40HP. I could live with a DPF/DEF for a machine that could push a small brush mower or run some Toolcat size attachments
I got so sick of my RTV-900 and it's hill climbing ability on my hills. WILLIMAKEIT?WILLIMAKEIT?WILLIMAKEIT?WILLIMAKEIT?WILLIMAKEIT?WILLIMAKEIT?WILLIMAKEIT?YEAIMADEIT!!!!!

Now I have my RTV-XG850 and it goes up my hills with not only authority but enthusiasm!

/ Kubota UTV...starting phase #27  
I love my RTV-X1100C. Only time my really bogs down on my hills with a load of gravel in the box is when the AC is on. That sure sucks a LOT of power. But as has been said, let up on the pedal a bit and it picks right back up.

My one wish was that Kubota could make them go at least 30 MPH. That would be perfect for the riding I do.
But when I contacted Kubota Canada to ask if this was ever going to be a possibility they told me no. They said the reason they are capped at 25 MPH/40KPH and will stay that way is because they fall under the category of being road legal with only an SMV tri-angle same as a farm tractor.
They told me if I want a faster RTV buy an 850 Sidekick.