Kubuto BX1880

/ Kubuto BX1880 #21  
If you're moving up and down the hill, as opposed to riding across it, you'll be better off no matter what machine you choose.

Take your time, look at all the options available to you; buying too small of a machine is one of the worst mistakes one can make, because you're going to correct the decision eventually, and it'll cost you more in the long run. I say this having gone through it.

Moved to a new property, it beat the hell out of my Deere D160, so I purchased a Cub Cadet XT3 GSX. That was a great garden tractor, but I realized what I needed was a "real" tractor. Two years later I sold the Cub Cadet and purchased a Deere 1025R. Well, suddenly I realized how useful a loader was, and a 3 point hitch, and how much I hated swapping over the mowing deck; not quite 3 years later I sold it and bought my Kioti. I was able to use the crazy market to sell the Deere for more than I paid, but I was lucky.

Had I thought it through I would have kept the D160 for mowing, and purchased something like my Kioti 2610 from the start. Don't get me wrong, this was a learning experience, but hindsight is 20/20 lol.

/ Kubuto BX1880 #22  
Thanks to everyone for the replies and suggestions. I'm just outside of Richmond, Virginia. When I first moved to my current house 12 years ago, I had a basic John Deere riding mower (I think it was a D100). I bought a snow blade for it and was able to clear the driveway as long as it was only a few inches. Anything more than that and I would get stuck on the hill. (See attached pictures).

You can't see it on the pictures but there is also a fence around 3 sides of the property with about an 8 foot mulch bed in front of the fence all the way around. My main concern is the hill in the front of the house and the risk of the BX1880 tipping over when carrying mulch. Perhaps I should keep the X300 also and just dump the mulch in a tow behind cart.

Did you have a chance to measure that slope you're concerned about? Pictures are extremely difficult to get a real idea about a slope, but that appears to be less than 10 degrees to me. A smooth and dry 10 degree slope should not be a problem.

/ Kubuto BX1880 #23  
I would strongly urge you to go with at least a BX2380 size. I can't imagine my little baby tractor with 5 less horsepower. I'd also get turf tires and chains for winter rather than more aggressive tires.

/ Kubuto BX1880 #24  
I would strongly urge you to go with at least a BX2380 size. I can't imagine my little baby tractor with 5 less horsepower. I'd also get turf tires and chains for winter rather than more aggressive tires.
Turf tires and chains are a match made in heaven.

Attachments

• 20221225_153928.jpg
    20221225_153928.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 238