KX033 tracks

/ KX033 tracks #1  

ZeroG

Tractor
Kubota Grand L 3010, Kubota KX033-4
Hi,
I bought the KX033 last month (pics in another thread) but today I noticed some wear on the tracks that has me concerned. Seller said he thought about 50% life left on the tracks. I now have serious doubts about that estimate. Here are some pics. What do you think? How involved is it to replace tracks and what kind would you recommend? I try to stick with Kubota but if there is something better I'll consider that. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3632.JPG
    IMG_3632.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 205
  • IMG_3633.JPG
    IMG_3633.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_3634.JPG
    IMG_3634.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_3635.JPG
    IMG_3635.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 220
  • IMG_3636.JPG
    IMG_3636.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 201
   / KX033 tracks #2  
I would run they longer and price out a couple brands ....

/ KX033 tracks #3  
Track quality can vary quite a bit between brands, I've read a lot of good reports on Bridgestones. Do you know what the previous owner mainly used that machine for and what kind of ground he was running in? It must have been some tremendously abrasive material for them to be that worn if the hours are correct at a little over 500. I've got 1140hrs on my original's and I'd say there still at 80%. Depending on the terrain your using them on they might go for quite awhile, but it's a lot easier to change them in your shop when you have time than out in the field . Do you know what brand Kubota uses for OEM? Pretty sure there not Bridgestones. Good luck, B

/ KX033 tracks
Thanks guys.
This is the first tracked machine I have owned. The KX033 started out life as a rental. So most likely rough life. The guy I bought it from only put 30 hours on it. Looking closer at the condition of the tracks I had to wonder if teh hours were accurate also. Seemed like a lot of wear for the 530 hours on the clock. But ...a rental might have spent a lot of time on concrete I suppose. I simply have no idea but do not want to loose a track on my back 40. I'd be in a world of hurt if that happened.

/ KX033 tracks #5  
If they walked it on pavement all the time it will wear the tracks down fast ......

/ KX033 tracks #6  
I typically run tracks out on a machine until they break or won't stay on any longer, you'll be incredibly surprised how bad a rubber track can look before it will actually fail. You can typically get new tracks delivered in a couple of days, you could also order some to have them readily available if one should fail.

/ KX033 tracks #7  
do not want to loose a track on my back 40. I'd be in a world of hurt if that happened.

Don't worry about those tracks, I'd run them a LOT longer than that.
It's easy to change tracks, and easy to get them back on if they come off.

Problem is, steep sidehills is where they're more likely to come off, and the sidehill can complicate working on it.

/ KX033 tracks
Don't worry about those tracks, I'd run them a LOT longer than that.
It's easy to change tracks, and easy to get them back on if they come off.

Problem is, steep sidehills is where they're more likely to come off, and the sidehill can complicate working on it.

THANKS!!! Good info!!!!

/ KX033 tracks #9  
Another vote to run them.