Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby

/ Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby #22  
Also disconnect and reconnect the loader quick connects. You might want to install a loopback bypass hose on the remotes. That will tell you if it's in the hoe. If it's whining something is blocking flow. Don't run it until you stop the whine. If it's not one of the quick connects, I'd try changing the filter as a first step.

And it 's not too hard to remove the detent from the front of the remote valve. You just have to take the seat off. I have the opposite problem where detent doesn't work. I tried to repair, but no luck and the design has changed since mine was made. So, now I just keep it on with a stick jammed in the opening when operating the backhoe. BTW, my dealer said not to leave the hoe circuit on when not in use because it makes the oil hotter even if not using the backhoe.

/ Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby #23  
Also with it running try moving all of the backhoe sticks, if one is activated say the boom retract it will deadhead and can cause your issue as well it will blow relief on the backhoe.

/ Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby
Thanks Gittyup I'll try replacing the filter and plan to fix the remote valve.

jabelding, I've tried moving all the sticks and nothing moves at all and the whine is still there. All I know for sure is that the HST is working as the tractor will move back and forth. I get absolutely zero response from any of the remote controls. Could this be air in the system? Should I try cracking open a fitting somewhere to bleed?

/ Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby #25  
Thanks Gittyup I'll try replacing the filter and plan to fix the remote valve. jabelding, I've tried moving all the sticks and nothing moves at all and the whine is still there. All I know for sure is that the HST is working as the tractor will move back and forth. I get absolutely zero response from any of the remote controls. Could this be air in the system? Should I try cracking open a fitting somewhere to bleed?
Air should remove itself from the system with operation so long as the reservoir is full.

/ Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby #27  
One last thing to try would be to reverse the couplings going to the backhoe. If they are hooked up backwards from the selection on the remote valve the backhoe check valve will prevent flow through the system. If your rear remote valve is in A the top port should be pressure. If in B the bottom port would be pressure.

Good point but I haven't touched the couplings in a long time and this issue just happened without any symptoms or warning. Everything worked one day and nothing worked the next.

/ Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby #29  
One other thing I have had happen in really cold weather on my Kubota is the pump shaft broke in the gear pump. Aluminum gear pumps like these really hate very cold weather. The housing shrinks a lot compared to the gears and can bind the pump especially with the added pressure of very cold oil. Did you have a block heater or anything or was the tractor all -40?

Ouch!, that sounds expensive. Definitely something I'll check.
Thanks.