3-Point Hitch L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #221  
I dont have any issues at all with post holes either. And mine is pretty jerky. But I dont see a need to try to raise slowly, or a little at a time, with a PHD???

Lower the thing. Keep lowering a little at a time. When the hole is dug, raise it up. :thumbsup:
PHD & rear blade or box blade are the two implements ya hear do not work with the jerky think. I've use both & I box blade a one mile drive 3/4 of it up hill and haven't had any issues at all.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #222  
I dont have a BB, but the only time Mine is mildly annoying is when using the back blade to do some fine grading. And even then it isnt terrible. Gets the job done close enough for my liking.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #223  
I own a l3800 and it had a very jerky 3pt. It felt it was dangerous to hook up or use the boom. After discussing the problem with my dealer and Kubota district rep. It was clear they could not fix the NON problem. My dealer helped me with the Jeff valve mod (flow control) I am now completely satisfied. With the flow control valve in the slow position the 3pt is very controllable and predictable. Don't let this design flaw ruin your Kubota experience.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #224  
I own a l3800 and it had a very jerky 3pt. It felt it was dangerous to hook up or use the boom. After discussing the problem with my dealer and Kubota district rep. It was clear they could not fix the NON problem. My dealer helped me with the Jeff valve mod (flow control) I am now completely satisfied. With the flow control valve in the slow position the 3pt is very controllable and predictable. Don't let this design flaw ruin your Kubota experience.

The first report from one of our members is the new L3301 which would be an L3200 equivalent does not seem to have the problem. This member is a current L3200 owner with a jerky hitch. the L3800 new model is called the L3901

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #225  

Welcome Aero30, glad to hear yours is working for you.

Sean

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #226  
I just put 80 hours on my L3200 with a slightly jerky hitch. Saw a L3301 at a John Deere expo yesterday... A few trivial cosmetic updates along with the emissions buttons & stuff. They had a ballast box on it and when I fiddled with things it seemed pretty smooth to me, a lot more so than my L3200. It was almost in the same ballpark as the nicer cabbed John Deere's there I test drove.

I can only report the little bit I saw. It could just have been a good unit (not everybody with the L3200/3800 seems to have problems) or they could have actually fixed the engineering fault. I'm sure we'll hear soon enough if somebody runs into a jerky Lxx01 series.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #227  
I just put 80 hours on my L3200 with a slightly jerky hitch. Saw a L3301 at a John Deere expo yesterday... A few trivial cosmetic updates along with the emissions buttons & stuff. They had a ballast box on it and when I fiddled with things it seemed pretty smooth to me, a lot more so than my L3200. It was almost in the same ballpark as the nicer cabbed John Deere's there I test drove.

I can only report the little bit I saw. It could just have been a good unit (not everybody with the L3200/3800 seems to have problems) or they could have actually fixed the engineering fault. I'm sure we'll hear soon enough if somebody runs into a jerky Lxx01 series.

Any idea how much the L3301 and L3901 are going to cost over the L3200 and L3800?

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #228  
Any idea how much the L3301 and L3901 are going to cost over the L3200 and L3800?

I didn't ask. As it was a John Deere thing I don't even know if anybody there knew much about the Kubotas at all. Think they got them from a sister dealership or something for comparison. They were obviously doing comparisons, but it was nice to see them mostly being fair on the comparisons.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #229  
My dealer told me roughly $4k more, less right now with new model year incentives.

Sean

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #230