L Series questions

/ L Series questions #21  
Welcome to TBN, Jon. Glad that new tractor does the job for you. 4-in1 setups are less common on compact tractors here in the states but I understand they're pretty standard fare in Oz. The wiring was probably done locally. Have you checked the tractor fuse box? There's usually an open slot available for adding something like what you've got.

/ L Series questions #22  
My L3200 has the fuse box by the clutch on the left. There are open slots in it, but they are empty & unpowered. I've never figured out the proper parts to power those empty sockets & have put in fuses externally to the box. Dam shame too, would be maybe a buck to setup owners for easier future expansion.

/ L Series questions #23  
Thanks Grandad4, TBN is a great forum. I'm so glad I stumbled on it when I was searching for information about which tractor to buy. Yep, most FEL's here are 4 in 1 and a good thing too, they're so useful. Pulling up posts and grabbing logs is a breeze. I checked the fuse box under the bonnet at the front next to the radiator, but none of the slot descriptions appeared to be relevant to an attachment and the spare slots were empty. I'll talk with the dealer.

/ L Series questions #24  
Thanks for the input Fallon, I don't know either what the spare slots are for; it may be a general fuse box that is used for various Kubota models with different engines, turbos, transmissions etc. that require more slots. I can see that I'll need to get hold of a workshop manual complete with wiring diagrams. I did a Google search and the only one I found was about $100 AUD dollars ($73 USD) which seems a bit steep so I'm going to keep looking when I get home from work this arvo.

/ L Series questions #25  
That seems about the going rate for the shop manuals. Pricey but worth every penny if you do your own maintenance/repairs.

/ L Series questions #26  
Some tractors are more suited for doing the Kubota shuffle than others. I can easily do this on the L3240. It is a lot more difficult on the L3800. While you are calling it the Kubota shuffle if you are using an old CK25 it is also the Kioti shuffle. It is virtually impossible to do on the Kioti because the brake pedal is mounted on the right side of the HST pedal. The Kubotas brake pedal is on the right side of the tractor, but on the left side of the HST pedal. The L3240 is the only of the three tractors with cruise control, but you can't use it and the brakes at the same time. It disengages CC the second you touch the brakes. I haven't even looked into it, but the HST and CC is electronic controlled, so I'm sure it would be difficult to disable the safety.I hardly ever use brake steering anyway. It tears up the grass when you do it. When I am plowing it is quicker to back up than turn around. I have used both, and I highly recommend the Grand L over the standard L.

/ L Series questions #27  
Some tractors are more suited for doing the Kubota shuffle than others. I can easily do this on the L3240. It is a lot more difficult on the L3800. While you are calling it the Kubota shuffle if you are using an old CK25 it is also the Kioti shuffle. It is virtually impossible to do on the Kioti because the brake pedal is mounted on the right side of the HST pedal. The Kubotas brake pedal is on the right side of the tractor, but on the left side of the HST pedal. The L3240 is the only of the three tractors with cruise control, but you can't use it and the brakes at the same time. It disengages CC the second you touch the brakes. I haven't even looked into it, but the HST and CC is electronic controlled, so I'm sure it would be difficult to disable the safety. I have used both
, and I highly recommend the Grand L over the standard L.

Remember on the "standard" L's the Cruise Control is mechanical in nature not electronic, so you can use cruise on the L3400,L3700,L3800, L3200 etc while stomping one or other of the brakes. Only when you press both brakes at the same time does it push the lever backward, canceling the cruise. You can also adjust the speed by moving the cruise lever itself.

/ L Series questions #28  
I have never used a mechanical CC worth a ****. I will take the electronic CC even with this handicap any day. A rarely use CC or brake steering anyway.

/ L Series questions #29  
That seems about the going rate for the shop manuals. Pricey but worth every penny if you do your own maintenance/repairs.

Thanks Grandad4, in that case I'll buy it. A good manual can save a lot of headaches. I will be doing my own maintenance unless it is something covered by warranty.

/ L Series questions #30  
Search Kubota WSM and FRS links. Free downloads for many Kubota WSM. I would post link but can't figure it out.