L185 Kubota

/ L185 Kubota
I pulled the manuals off of a Gray Market only site in Japan. :) Possible the L185 was sold over there too? No idea on my end.
Thanks for those manuals I can really use those for information I was needing.

Dave

/ L185 Kubota
thanks! I am really happy with it so far

Dave

/ L185 Kubota
Couple questions the tires are 4.00-15 front and 9.5-9-24 rear from what I can find online ( I couldn't find the fine
print on the tires that tell) about 25 front 15 rear does that sound about right? And I am about to wash the tractor
with my pressure washer and change fluids is there anything I don't need to wash? as far as the engine goes?

thanks
Dave

/ L185 Kubota #15  
I would not let pressurized water near the engine. The seals, grommets, washers, etc., are OLD. They do not need a water pressure test.

No upside. Potential downside.

Try to keep the tractor under cover. The older Kubota orange paint fades quite quickly exposed to sunlight.

It would be interesting to many to read how you found this tractor and the price you paid.

Last edited:
   / L185 Kubota #16  
I would not let pressurized water near the engine. The seals, grommets, washers, etc., are OLD. They do not need a water pressure test.

Try to keep the tractor under cover. The older Kubota orange paint fades quite quickly exposed to sunlight.

It would be interesting to many to read how you found this tractor and the price you paid.
Agreed...do not pressure wash. You could damage things plus could easily blow off decals and things that matter. I have seen it happen. Just take care of it, use it and change oils, AF, etc when needed. Lots of things that sound good can diminish collectability, value and cause regret.

/ L185 Kubota

Ok thanks, I always park it inside, as far as where I got it I had been scanning the marketplace and craigslist for months looking for a tractor that looked good in what I considered my starter tractor price range of 5000 or less and this one popped up at 7:30 at night after I had gave up looking and started watching TV. I checked one more time at 10:00pm and there it was so I wanted to be the early bird on calling so I sent him a message to call me and the next morning he responded at 6 a.m. and I had him call me and as luck would have it he worked right up the road with some of my friends and said I could meet up after work with him and look at it. He already had 3 more people wanting to see it and I was first in line so I went and took a look. I liked what I seen he was asking 3500 I asked if he would take an offer and he said no he wanted to try to get 3500 so I was going to give 3500 and I asked if he had any wiggle room because I seen a few minor things I need to address and he said what was I thinking and I said 3000 he said meet me in the middle at 3250 so I did and that was that. I was the new owner of a L185 Kubota.

/ L185 Kubota #18  
Darn nice find. (y)

/ L185 Kubota #20  
That price is reasonable too. I went and checked Marketbook and any of the ones for sale that looked as nice of shape as yours were as high as the mid $5000's USD.

I was just thinking about this the other day.....I wonder if Kubota's will ever gain collector status like all the other antique tractors? I really like my Kubota products but right now my orange Antique play toy is a 1955 Allis Chalmers CA.