L2800 is fine; K4240 not big enough

/ L2800 is fine; K4240 not big enough #31  
I would have done the same thing Don - unless they cleared the wrong tires and lack of BB with you ahead of time. I'm sure that there are other dealers around that would like your business.

/ L2800 is fine; K4240 not big enough
Spoke with the guy at the dealership this morning and he was very apologetic, and said, "It was my fault" about the tires and the box blade. Actually, he thought that the 6' bb was left at my place when they picked up the 4240. The new industrial tires are being shipped in to the dealership and should be arriving on Friday. Maybe, just maybe I can move on past this thread and start a brand spankin new on on how great the 4740 tractor is.:D

/ L2800 is fine; K4240 not big enough #33  
Don I'm glad things are shaping up for you. Remember we LUV pictures and crayons!!
Be safe and Congats!
Frank

/ L2800 is fine; K4240 not big enough #34  
I'd hit 'em with a sob story and see if they will fill those industrials for you to make you feel all better.

jb

Frank, you can bet that pics will be forthcoming. I feel like a kid at Christmas again. 47 gross hp!!!!!! I will be ordering my hay spear within the next couple of weeks; as this is one of the reasons that I am upgrading. Those quarterhorse mares must eat and round bales are cheaper to buy.

L2800 is gone; kind of sad to see it go. New 4740 with everything but the cab and the kitchen sink is on the property!!!!!

/ L2800 is fine; K4240 not big enough #37  
L2800 gone...??!! Nuts! Now we'll never know whether it could outwork the L4740. If you'd kept that thing around for a couple more iterations of this process, Kubota might've GIVEN you an M8540 just to get it away from you. That thing was beginning to make a shambles of their marketing. ;)

Anywho....how's the 4740 doing? Any mighty deeds to report? Any....ah....pictures?
Bob (Using Gomer's avatar until I find another that adequately reflects my mental state)

Bob, unfortunately I have not been "On" my new tractor since my chiropractor told me to stay off of "tractors and horses" until he gets my back straightened out.:)

I have plans for it this week. The 4740 is absolutely massive compared to my little 2800, but the 2800 was a workhorse. It amazed me. I have a church member (I pastor a church) who borrowed it once to mow when his Long was in the shop. John put a 6' shredder on that little thing, and it went to town. Somebody will get a good tractor. It did have a few bugs; the three point jump and the PTO cable were two, but I could live with those.

I will post photos this week so show off the new one; I feel like a proud daddy.