L3130 1000 hour mark

/ L3130 1000 hour mark #1  

SteveA

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130
Just turned over 1000 hours on my 2006 L3130 HST Grand. I purchased the tractor new. I have to say that I am extremely impressed how well this machine has held up. I have had absolutely no mechanical issues in the past 15 years. Just fluids, filters, and grease. It still has the original battery and still starts on cold New England mornings. When the battery finally goes, I hope I can find one as good as OEM. The only minor issue I have encountered is the fuel petcock leaks when I turn it off to change the filter. Likely a 15 year old O-ring needs to be changed but thats it. The tractor is used for field mowing, moving horse manure, and knocking down brush. By no means has it ever been babied. The loader is beginning to get a bit loose but that is expected for what I put it through.
My only complaint is that the R4 tires suck in the snow. Maybe I should have stuck with ag's. Do not wish to deal with chains or studs so it is what it is.
I do not neglect to recommend Kubota to anyone who asks about my tractor or the brand.

/ L3130 1000 hour mark #3  
I purchased a L3130 HSt new in 2004;kept it for four years and traded up for a cab.Very nice all around tractor for sure.

/ L3130 1000 hour mark #4  
Congrats on your 1,000 hours.

I bought my L3130 DT new in 2004, and have had a similar great relationship with it for almost 1,300 hours, running a 6' bush hog, 5' tiller, etc, and a FEL and grapple. I do have a very slow hydraulic leak in a rear wheel but otherwise no problems. Had to replace the battery 2 or 3 years ago and picked up an Interstate battery at Costco that works great. The L3130 has enough power to get my jobs done, but is small enough to take through the woods getting firewood, etc.

/ L3130 1000 hour mark #5  
Just turned over 1000 hours on my 2006 L3130 HST Grand. I purchased the tractor new. I have to say that I am extremely impressed how well this machine has held up. I have had absolutely no mechanical issues in the past 15 years. Just fluids, filters, and grease. It still has the original battery and still starts on cold New England mornings. When the battery finally goes, I hope I can find one as good as OEM. The only minor issue I have encountered is the fuel petcock leaks when I turn it off to change the filter. Likely a 15 year old O-ring needs to be changed but thats it. The tractor is used for field mowing, moving horse manure, and knocking down brush. By no means has it ever been babied. The loader is beginning to get a bit loose but that is expected for what I put it through.
My only complaint is that the R4 tires suck in the snow. Maybe I should have stuck with ag's. Do not wish to deal with chains or studs so it is what it is.
I do not neglect to recommend Kubota to anyone who asks about my tractor or the brand.
Same here. I think you made a good choice going with the R4s. I went with the ags and have wished for the R4s. The front ags on the 3130 are so narrow they’re prone to pealing off the rim on soft ground when turning and don’t offer much flotation for loader work either.

/ L3130 1000 hour mark #6  
I owned our L3130 for a couple years- bought it with 1200 hours, did nothing to it beyond oil changes, grease and adding some LED work lights. It was a completely reliable workhorse. I would have kept it except it was just too heavy for our needs. I think I sold it for a bit more than I paid for it, but it was cleaner and better lighting when I sold it.

/ L3130 1000 hour mark #7  
SteveA: I just turned 1800 hours on my 2003 Grand L3130. Have all the toys to go with it. Only issue I had so far was a metal mesh screen stuffed into a check valve for the rear3 point hitch function. Took a while to find it as it was buried under the seat on top of the transmission. Have the R-1's and they are a toss-up from the R-4's. Have a L3901 with the R-4's and had to chain up for the hills here in VA., to move snow each year. Overall, the HST L3130 has been a great tractor and wish I had a couple more of them.
DavidA

/ L3130 1000 hour mark #8  
Wait until you get 6000 and 3000 hours on it. My M9 open station has 6K meter hours and my M9 cab has 3000 meter hours and zero issues other than required maintenance which of course is the required 1500 hour valve adjustment and injector spray pattern and pop off pressure tests (dealer of course)

Both have loaders and both do farming and both have unloaded R1's of course.

Great, very reliable tractors, I won't have anything else.