L39 Problem Already?

/ L39 Problem Already? #1  

yekrut

Silver Member
Tractor
Bolens (Iseki Deisel) G214
Well - I was hoping to post pics of the new L39 which arrived today. Unfortunately the pics are of a problem. Seems pretty bad to me but maybe someone here knows something I don't. I put the grapple on and things were working well (got some nice pics) then one side popped off. The problem isn't the grapple but the loader arms. See Pics. One is extended more than the other. Not sure if it's twisted or what. Looks like it to me. Look like if Icould extend one side it might line up again. Didn't want to do to much after but had to get the grapple off a both arms appear tobe working in sync but the one is extended more than the other. Any ideas??

Attachments

• L39problem.jpg
    L39problem.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 460
   / L39 Problem Already? #2  
when the grapple poped off you twisted the quick coupler plate it looks like there is just a round tube between the half's if you can get the grapple or bucket hooked back up and the plate straightened every thing should be alright the cylinders will line up when you have the plate straight

/ L39 Problem Already? #3  
Yikes!

Either it was "pilot error" in attaching the grapple or the QA on the Grapple is not correct.

The Loader QA assembley needs to be bent back in a controlled fashion.

I wouldn't trust the dealer. I would not even tell the dealer about this!

I think its your nickel.

I would take it to a heavy equipment shop, a metal shop, or a truck repair & body shp with port-a-power tools and welding and have them fix the tractor and the grapple so that this never happens again!

What were you doing when this all happened?

Good luck.

If repaired correcly, no damage done.

I'd beef up the grill guard while you are at it. Also have them weld you a mechanical thumb, and add some more side cutter reinforcement to the BH and loader buckets. A scraper on the back side bottom of the bucket helps back grading.

You will feel better improving your new tractor will you repair it.

Welcome to tractoring. I used my excavator only 4 hours afer it was dropped off before it broke down. It is being serviced now. OUCH $$$$. I will post details when I get more info.

Quoting Leroy, my excavator guy, regarding my L39: “Yep you know it’s a good machine when it is strong enough to hurt itself”

Last edited:
   / L39 Problem Already? #4  
A good body shop with a frame machine should be able to fix it IF you did not bend anything
Jim
:)

/ L39 Problem Already? #5  
I would remove the Q attach assembly and confirm that the loader arms are still straight. If the loader arms are still straight I would call the dealer and obtain the cost of replacing the Q attach assembly. Attempting to straighten the Q attach would cost about as much as a new assembly. Assuming of course that you pushed the locking levers down before using the grapple, I would check the bottom plate on the grapple after re-installing to insure the Q attach locking lever is engaging at least one inch or more in the bottom plate when pushed down into the locked position. If not, add a 1/2 metal plate to the top on the bottom slot where the Q attach locking lever engages the locking hole.

/ L39 Problem Already?
I had already sent pictures to the dealer before Mike's reply. I had the grapple on and then had just switched back to the loader bucket when the side popped off. Not sure if the grapple had anything to do with it or not. Well see what he thinks. They are pretty good guys. He's sending up a mechanic with a new quick attach assembly. He should be here any minute. Will let you know how it goes.

/ L39 Problem Already? #7  
Yekrut,
WOW! I have to agree with Mike, it looks to me one side wasnt attatched correctly-put all the force/torque on one plate? I have a extra Heavy Grapple on my L39 (Bradco) - I have ran into trees, Back dragged from all kinds of angles, dove into piles of debris, enough to stall the motor. I cant even imagine what could have done that, if installed correctly?
I feel sorry for you. Just getting the L39 and this happening. I dont think you could hook up the bucket now if you wanted too..(To starighten it out)
If the dealer deliverd it to you-with grapple installed incorrectly.. Maybe they will work with you on repair bill?
I wish you luck with this and keep us posted.
Dont give up on the L39! Its one **** of a TLB!
John

/ L39 Problem Already? #8  
yekrut said:
I had already sent pictures to the dealer before Mike's reply. I had the grapple on and then had just switched back to the loader bucket when the side popped off. Not sure if the grapple had anything to do with it or not. Well see what he thinks. They are pretty good guys. He's sending up a mechanic with a new quick attach assembly. He should be here any minute. Will let you know how it goes.

Nice Dealer!

Anyways, don't worry about the loader arms. The torque tube and the braceless loader is pretty tough, although I wish the lower loader tubes and uprights were a bit beefier.

Grease the heck out of the QA pins and make sure they engage.
A hard learned lesson.

You will be back at work taking thepaint off that new shiny machine soon.

Maybe the dealer can straighten the bent QA and you can return the new one for a restocking charge?

/ L39 Problem Already?
Well - She's all fixed up and ready to go. Only took about 15 minutes for him to swap it out with a new one. Took longer to change the stabilizer pads - factory had put them on backwards - I just noticed it when the mechanic was here doing the swap. Luckily they had another L39 on the lot and took it off to put on mine. The dealer and mechanic are good guys. Said he just wanted to make it right. I guess I made the right choice as far as dealers go. He's a good 1 1/2 hrs away. Have 4 or 5 Kubota dealers closer but none had an L39 on there lot so I took a trip to check it out and got a real good feeling for the dealer. Don't have anything against the local ones but the one I went with just seemed like sincere hard working folks. Now I get to go see what other trouble I can get into. I'm relieved - for now anyway. Haven't had much seat time yet. Hope it doesn't happen again. Still not sure how it happened. I think it may of been installed inproperly at the factory. The new one seems to seat alot better into the loader bucket and the grapple. Haven't seen many dealers specifically mentioned here on TBN. Hope its OK to give them a big thumbs up for taking care of me the way they did. I purchase mine from Lashley Tractor Sales. Pretty good people.

/ L39 Problem Already? #10  
It was nice of the dealer to pull the QA off another machine. I doubt that would happen around here!

Tomorrow I see if what the on site repair mechanic for my excavator said is true and see how well she runs. The L39 will hopefully get quite a few large rocks loaded into its bucket to be moved to one of the out of the way rock piles.

I was told the PC75 now runs like a new one. (Sure!) But if it runs ok, I'll be a happy camper.

Attachments

• PC75UU2E_Delivery_#2P_6-15-07.jpg
    PC75UU2E_Delivery_#2P_6-15-07.jpg
    729.4 KB · Views: 200