Chains L39 Tire Chains Question

/ L39 Tire Chains Question #11  
i have vbar 4 my jd990 makes an incredible diff only disadvantage is they tare up blacktop an they weight a ton hard to get on mostly with1 man takes me 2 hrs.

/ L39 Tire Chains Question #12  
Sal,
What tires do you have on your JD? I'm running 15-19.5 R4 in the rear.
Jim

/ L39 Tire Chains Question #14  
I put chains on 1 of my L48s.......night and day. The chains wre about $400 and worth all the $. With the TLBs there is very LITTLE room between the fenderand wheel which requires a super tight fit. On the non-TLBs you can reverse the rims to get more space, but not on the TLBs. Let us know if this is true with the L39s.

Good luck.
Hello everyone, I'm new here, looks like a great forum!

I too have an L39TLB. I'd like to put chains on the rear wheels but there's only about 1" of clearance to the fender. Any suggestions? Does anyone use spacers behind the rim?

Thanks!
Wilf.

/ L39 Tire Chains Question #15  
My L3400 also has 15-19.5 rear R4s with only about 1.5" of clearance. Anyone that can help us out on suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My gut says to just give it a try and get wheel spacers if its too close....

-MJ

/ L39 Tire Chains Question #16  
I thought about that too but if the chains loosen a bit (they will) and catch on the fender it would probably make a mess of things...

Does anyone have thoughts on spacers?

My L3400 also has 15-19.5 rear R4s with only about 1.5" of clearance. Anyone that can help us out on suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My gut says to just give it a try and get wheel spacers if its too close....

-MJ

/ L39 Tire Chains Question #17  
I just bought new low clearance chains for my L48 this week. My lasts et or regular chains barely lasted 3 years of heavy plowing. $400 +/- for the regular chains.....and I just paid $615 for the new low clearance which also use a carbide alloy and are supposed to last much longer. The new chains are the "net" type so you are always riding on a link where regular cross bar chains can work their way between the lugs (R4 Industrial type) leaving you with no chain contact at all. From what I hear all Kubota TLBs should use these low clearance chains.

/ L39 Tire Chains Question #18  
I just bought new low clearance chains for my L48 this week. My lasts et or regular chains barely lasted 3 years of heavy plowing. $400 +/- for the regular chains.....and I just paid $615 for the new low clearance which also use a carbide alloy and are supposed to last much longer. The new chains are the "net" type so you are always riding on a link where regular cross bar chains can work their way between the lugs (R4 Industrial type) leaving you with no chain contact at all. From what I hear all Kubota TLBs should use these low clearance chains.

Where did you purchase your chains from....web, phone number, etc...?

/ L39 Tire Chains Question #19  
I frequent a different tractor forum.
A member posted a creative and cheap fix for traction in winter.
He installed hex bolts into each of the lugs.
Grind the edges just enough to keep them from pulling out.
I used construction grade adhesive when I installed mine.
Here's the link:
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2979

I doubt they would be as effective as $600 tire chains.
Might be good enough for some situations.
Certainly an option I would consider at $15 per tire.

/ L39 Tire Chains Question #20  
You need wheel spacers and Longer studs.

I have 750 lbs of wheel weights on mine and the ones inside the rims act as spacers also.

2-1/4 inches of clearance is about right.

You can buy wheel spacers and Longer studs from
Riverside tractor
Welcome to Riverside Tractor & Equipment

Most Kubota dealers are clueless about these items.

Next you need chains.

Talk to Rich St Pierre

http://www.stpierreusa.com/tire-chains.html
All you need is there.