Comparison L45 & L48 advice

/ L45 & L48 advice
Thanks Lamarbur, Fallon and rScotty! Really appreciate the advice.

This relieves some of my concerns and confirms that the L45 or L48 would most likely suit my needs. L47 looks great but I'm not seeing them available in my price range. Now it's time to keep an eye on classifieds and listings. I'm searching craigslist throughout the country and also MachineryTrader.com (TLB are listed here and not on TractorBuyer.com). Do you know of other reliable sites for finding used machines? I don't need it until spring 2018, so will be taking the time to try neighbors machines and hopefully rent a similar TLB before I commit to buying.

Cheers!

/ L45 & L48 advice #12  
I bought a used, 2000 hour, l48 several years ago for use in Oregon, 300 very hilly acres. Awesome machine, incredible the size of stumps it has taken out and logs pulled, with winch. Can load 40' fir logs onto logging truck as long as I am working slightly higher than the truck.

I have r4's on it and like them for durability but they are terrible for traction in the woods/mud. I never worry about getting it stuck with the backhoe on as its so strong but better rubber would be nice although with the heavy lifting we do I don't think a1's have the sidewall strength.

My only other complaint about it is no cruise control so if your doing a lot of straight line work it gets old having to always stay on the hst pedal. Newer ones might have a cruise control lever.

As others have stated the backhoe comes off/on in minutes and the front bucket even quicker. ( you do have to attach attach the 3 point links which takes a bit longer)

I am not in Oregon or I could measure it for you but it seems to me it fits in the bed of a 16 ' dump trailer with the bucket off, fel sitting on the front bulkhead and the backhoe hangs just past the rear doors, if that helps in storage size. I would think the kubota site would have all the dimensions.

/ L45 & L48 advice #13  
Thanks Lamarbur, Fallon and rScotty! Really appreciate the advice.

This relieves some of my concerns and confirms that the L45 or L48 would most likely suit my needs. L47 looks great but I'm not seeing them available in my price range. Now it's time to keep an eye on classifieds and listings. I'm searching craigslist throughout the country and also MachineryTrader.com (TLB are listed here and not on TractorBuyer.com). Do you know of other reliable sites for finding used machines? I don't need it until spring 2018, so will be taking the time to try neighbors machines and hopefully rent a similar TLB before I commit to buying.

Cheers!

Your patience will be rewarded hopefully. Don't exclude the L39 only if you can find a nice bargain, but it's not the best on hills with GST. Also the JD110 or either the M59. A friend got his M59 for under $50K, low hour, lightly used.

/ L45 & L48 advice #14  
So I will jump in and say the L45 and L39 are virtually the same size. You get HP and hydro-static. I have had my L39 for about 18 months and it has done everything I want it to do. Now, that being said I have not used any attachments that require the rear PTO. I will also say I like the GST but some days I really wish I had the pedal control hydro.