L4740 stalled this afternoon

/ L4740 stalled this afternoon
Get yourself an owners manual it shows that in there. If you already have one, I suggest you read it.

You can also purchase the WSM for about 250 bucks from your dealer or, download a pdf copy from www.kubotabooks.com if it's listed. Not sure it is
I still don't know what you're talking about. I have both owners and and workshop manuals and dont see it in either

i also have a l4740 and I have read the owners manual and I have the shop manual for it. I am not aware of any spin on fuel filter on this tractor. I may have missed it but the only fuel filter I know of is the one in the sediment bowl. What do you mean by spin on filter? I"m thinking a canister filter like an engine oil filter. I have not noticed one but will take a look around my engine.
agree

/ L4740 stalled this afternoon #23  
Problem with screens - reduce fill rate, won’t let fuel filler nozzle in far enough to catch. Most got thrown away so Kubota quit supplying them, and new tanks aren’t designed to fit one. I think the last one I saw was in a normally can filled machine like lawn mower or chain saw.

Problem with screens - reduce fill rate, won’t let fuel filler nozzle in far enough to catch. Most got thrown away so Kubota quit supplying them, and new tanks aren’t designed to fit one. I think the last one I saw was in a normally can filled machine like lawn mower or chain saw.
Good counterpoints

/ L4740 stalled this afternoon #26  
My one year old LS XR4155 has one of those screens inside the filler neck and I like having it there even though it does interfere with filling the tank from 5 gallon cans sometimes.

/ L4740 stalled this afternoon #27  
Not an issue with me at all. I have never filled either tractor from anything other than my 500 gallon farm tank next to the shop and it has an electric pump with a manual nozzle anyway. Fit just fine in the filler necks on both my M9000 Kubota's. Hell, I have fill screens on all my engines, gas or diesel. Keeps the crud out of the fuel tanks. Just looked in the one on the cab tractor this morning and I have a couple dead fly carcasses in the screen.... :p

None of my Stihl chainsaws have them. I have 3 of them. Only engines that don't actually.

/ L4740 stalled this afternoon #28  
Even my gasoline cans are screened in the filler spout, the plastic ones and the metal Justrite gas can I have has a metal screen in the spout.

/ L4740 stalled this afternoon #29  
Tractor has about 1500 hours and has always been reliable
Was running it all day today and noticed engine was not as responsive as normal this afternoon
Half an hour later it stalled
I could restart it but it would not rev normally, stumble, and then stall
Cleaned air filter and fuel filter- both looked ok
Noticed engine would run better with air vent cock on fuel injection pump open
What should I be checking next?
I bought a L5740 from Idaho with less than 50 hrs, shipped it to S Texas. About a year later it started doing what yours is doing. I finally discovered algae like substance in the diesel tank stopping up the flow. I figured it got condensation from temperature fluctuations in colder climates. Sucked it out and had no more issues.

/ L4740 stalled this afternoon #30  
Getting a plugged fuel line will drive you crazy since it comes and goes as the debris moves around and the obstruction never makes it into the filter.

I made a screen to put in the fill pipe of both tractors after I had clogged fuel line issues with the BX from bugs getting into the tank, most probably from the nozzle of the farm tank. I actually had to cut an inspection panel in the top of the BX's tank to clean it out since removing the fuel tank basically involves disassembling the entire tractor.

I made the screens by welding some 3/16" diameter wire I had using a piece of pipe that was the correct diameter as a gauge. I welded a couple of straight wires to connect them and then lined it with window screen. The screens are about 6 to 8 inches long and I have never had an issue filling the tanks with either a can or the nozzle from my truck mounted tank.