Comparison L5460, MX5400, M5660SUHD

/ L5460, MX5400, M5660SUHD
I stopped at another dealer today that had an M5660SUHD with loader on the lot. Another nice machine! The seat didn’t have much suspension, but the large tires I think compensated for that. Bucket on loader visibility was not great. Tilt steering would have been nice. I did like the shuttle operation. E-PTO option is appealing for mowing. The physical distance between the gears is very close. Very “old-school”, likely reliable, straight forward setup. Price between a similarly equipped L5460 and this M is in the neighborhood of $3000 (M is cheaper). This visit didn’t make the decision any easier!

Last edited:
   / L5460, MX5400, M5660SUHD #12  
My choice would be to go with the M5660. When I first bought a tractor we went with a grand L5240 and had no intentions of buying anything else. After some time and a failing riding mower we bought a BX kubota and now I could see the value of having bought a larger M series first and then the BX. I don’t regret the grand L as it has been and is a great tractor but that whole hindsight thing and the thought of having a larger tractor would be nice.