L5740 battery/starting issue

/ L5740 battery/starting issue
The picture I showed (fusable link) is the problem. I could not get continuity on the left side of it. We jumped the link by running some large wire from the battery terminal to the connector and we have power to the cab.

It turns over now, but still won't start. It's not getting fuel. I have ordered the part from Messicks, because none of my local dealers have ever sold that part.

Now we go to searching the fuel issue.

/ L5740 battery/starting issue #22  
The fuel issue is probably because you don't have power to the fuel shutoff solenoid. Once you get that box replaced the fuel problem will probably be fixed too.

The fuel issue is probably because you don't have power to the fuel shutoff solenoid. Once you get that box replaced the fuel problem will probably be fixed too.
That's what I am thinking too. I'm going to leave it alone until I get the parts changed.

Success!! The part came in from Messicks around 1:30 today and we had it running by 2:00. It cranked right up once we got it all hooked up. There was no fuel issue.

I'm not sure what caused it to blow. We checked everything out on the attachment and everything is working properly.

The part I showed in post #16 is known as a 'slow blow fuse'. We also changed the positive battery connector, since it is connected to the 'slow blow fuse'. Total price for parts was about $55 and I had 'second day' shipping for about another $61, but it was worth the extra shipping because I have a job that pays $7000 for it tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help on this, and I hope this thread will help someone else in the future.

/ L5740 battery/starting issue #25  
Glad you got it working, do we get part of the $7000?