L6060 3rd Function Curl and Close Grapple Simultaneously

/ L6060 3rd Function Curl and Close Grapple Simultaneously #1  

Ussharrylee

Tractor
Kubota L6060
I just got a new L6060 today. I previously had an L5740. On my L5740, I could curl my grapple and open/close it at the same time. I am not able to do both simultaneously on my new L6060. I ordered it with the 3rd function remote. The dealer installed the WR Long 3rd function kit. Did something get installed wrong or is this not possible with the L6060?

/ L6060 3rd Function Curl and Close Grapple Simultaneously #2  
Welcome!
May I suggest posting on the Kubota Owning/Operating Forum for better results.

/ L6060 3rd Function Curl and Close Grapple Simultaneously #3  
I would think it would require a flow divider to apply positive pressure to two different circuits simultaneously.

/ L6060 3rd Function Curl and Close Grapple Simultaneously #4  
If you have a 'true 3rd function' it could be but a matter of finesse with the stick. If your 'upgrade' is a diverter setup on the curl circuit it won't happen.

/ L6060 3rd Function Curl and Close Grapple Simultaneously #5  
I have a Land Pride 1560 grapple and WR Long 3rd function valve on my Kubota M6040. This was all installed by the Kubota dealer. I can curl and open/close the grapple - both at the same time. One requires manipulation of the joy stick( curl ) - the other requires manipulation of the toggle switch on the joy stick( open/close ).

If this is not possible - something was not installed correctly or something needs to be modified.

/ L6060 3rd Function Curl and Close Grapple Simultaneously #6  
Got a picture of the system.

Some people (like salesmen) falsely refer to a diverter as a 3rd function

/ L6060 3rd Function Curl and Close Grapple Simultaneously
DE77CAAB-5A6D-4007-9E42-581F79522AB6.jpeg

Attachments

• 94B12962-20CC-4A41-A7B8-AB3F6E5EB3C8.jpeg
    94B12962-20CC-4A41-A7B8-AB3F6E5EB3C8.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
   / L6060 3rd Function Curl and Close Grapple Simultaneously #8  
According to the WR Long website the 3rd function will operate separately from the loader functions as long as the PB valve is live all the time. Not sure if that is the case with the L6060.
See attached link
W.R. Long, Inc. | 3rd Function Valve Kit

/ L6060 3rd Function Curl and Close Grapple Simultaneously #9  
My Branson's loader valve routes all flow to the tank port when the spools are operated. You can't operate the loader and another hydraulic implement. I tested this by moving the loader and trying to raise the 3pt at the same time. Yep, it does not work.

I think this may be a thing on cheaper loader valves. Kubota is known for quality valves, mostly, but they may have gone this route as well.

/ L6060 3rd Function Curl and Close Grapple Simultaneously #10  
My Branson's loader valve routes all flow to the tank port when the spools are operated. You can't operate the loader and another hydraulic implement. I tested this by moving the loader and trying to raise the 3pt at the same time. Yep, it does not work.

I think this may be a thing on cheaper loader valves. Kubota is known for quality valves, mostly, but they may have gone this route as well.
All loader valves route the return flow coming from the cylinders back to the tank.

If you are using ALL available flow to move the loader then there is none left for other functions.

If you feather the raising and curling so you aren't using "all" the available flow....then there is some left to power the 3rd function.

Maybe the old tractor had more flow....or smaller passages in the valve to not hog all the flow, or maybe it was just easier to feather.

Another possibility is that the 3rd function was BEFORE the loader valve rather than after it off the PB