Oil & Fuel L6060 trash in fuel tank

/ L6060 trash in fuel tank #11  
Hopefully the issue is fixed. Consider putting a high quality filter/water separater on your transfer tank.
Not sure what you have on there now. That way the fuel going into your tractor tanks is already filtered better than the tractor fuel filters...

/ L6060 trash in fuel tank
It's been almost 2 years since I started this thread and I'm having fuel issues again.

Today, the tractor just died out as my employees were moving some equipment around. We pulled the inlet hose off of the separator and added another length of hose and blew air back into the tank. I was able to get fuel to siphon out of the tank through this hose, but I could never get fuel to the filter, and could not get the tractor to start.

I'm wondering if it could be the small electric pump, that sucks fuel from the tank and pumps it to the filter, that could be going bad? You can see the little pump in the pic below. I'm afraid to get a mechanic out here, because he probably won't know as much as I know about this issue.

IMG_1811.jpg

/ L6060 trash in fuel tank #13  
Do you run biocide in your fuel? If you're getting any water in the tank it can eventually get a black growth which will plug up the tank so that no fuel can run out, just as you describe. The only way to fix it is to drain the tank completely, flush it and replace with clean, fresh fuel.

/ L6060 trash in fuel tank #14  
If u cant HEAR the pump running when u turn the key ON.. its bad..
U CAN use an aftermarket as long as its under 10 psi..
Good luck

Do you run biocide in your fuel? If you're getting any water in the tank it can eventually get a black growth which will plug up the tank so that no fuel can run out, just as you describe. The only way to fix it is to drain the tank completely, flush it and replace with clean, fresh fuel.

I do use a fuel treatment in my fuel. But I think I do still get some fungus in the tank. I have had issues with this in the past.

If u cant HEAR the pump running when u turn the key ON.. its bad..
U CAN use an aftermarket as long as its under 10 psi..
Good luck

I do hear the pump running when I turn the key on. But, in the past, it would stop when it got enough pressure built up. Now, it does not stop. I checked prices online for a new pump, and they are about $145, or I can order one from China for about $25....

I'll probably get a mechanic from the Kubota dealer to come look at it.

/ L6060 trash in fuel tank #16  
CompleteLawnCare;5646829[B said:
]I do use a fuel treatment in my fuel. But I think I do still get some fungus in the tank.[/B] I have had issues with this in the past.

Most fuel treatments do not address bacteria (or fungus). You'll need to use a biocide to combat anything from growing in the tank. I use it on a regular basis as a preventative measure.

Example: https://powerservice.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/BioKleen_Tech_Bulletin_2016.pdf

Let us know what the mechanic finds and hope it is something simple.

Today, I changed the fuel filter, that didn't help. Then I removed the little pump and put the suction into a jar of fuel and it pumped a lot out quickly, so I'm sure it's working properly.

But, I still could not get the tractor to start. I just don't know what else to try.

/ L6060 trash in fuel tank #18  
Well, you need 3 things to run a diesel engine; fuel, compression/ignition and air.

How's the air system/supply?

/ L6060 trash in fuel tank #19  
Well, you need 3 things to run a diesel engine; fuel, compression/ignition and air.

How's the air system/supply?
"but I could never get fuel to the filter, and could not get the tractor to start." Kind of leaves it with fuel issues & not air or compression. If fuel isn't making it past the filter it's not making it to the high pressure pump or injectors.

/ L6060 trash in fuel tank #20  
"but I could never get fuel to the filter, and could not get the tractor to start." Kind of leaves it with fuel issues & not air or compression. If fuel isn't making it past the filter it's not making it to the high pressure pump or injectors.

I know Mate... and he's tried several things, so, just maybe, it's a combination of things.

That's all I'm saying.