land grader ideas/ plans?

/ land grader ideas/ plans? #1  

notme

Silver Member
im wanting to build something to pull behind my 4wheeler... I DONT HAVE A TRACTOR!... Im not wanting a box blade more so a towable grader where i can adjust the cutting edge to take high spots off my yard.. as its going to be pulled with a quad it will be in the area of 48 to 60 wide? anyone got pics or ideas that i could start collecting to plant a build?

/ land grader ideas/ plans? #2  
Pulling with a quad, better make it a a simple drag. Lots of Tube vids out there. Easy to see what will work.

/ land grader ideas/ plans? #3  
I tow this behind my ATV. Does a fantastic job on disked ground. What you are wanting may be more that a quad can handle. It's 4x4's with plywood cross bracing. The large spikes were driven thru predrilled holes. All made out of scrap lumber. View attachment 667472

/ land grader ideas/ plans? #4  
I have pulled things such as a 8' gate, or 2 pallets tied together side by side.

You have to be really careful that the ATV doesn't over heat. They are not designed for pulling hard. So, whatever you build, don't overload the ATV, and watch the temps so that you don't burn up your engine.

/ land grader ideas/ plans?
I tow this behind my ATV. Does a fantastic job on disked ground. What you are wanting may be more that a quad can handle. It's 4x4's with plywood cross bracing. The large spikes were driven thru predrilled holes. All made out of scrap lumber. View attachment 667472

i want something that i can control side to side and take cuts off the high side pushing to the low.... something with wheels so i can lift the blade and transport it withought draging it accross good turf.
i have a big quad its used to working for its keep...

/ land grader ideas/ plans? #6  
We have an older Honda 4x4 quad air cooled that we had to add the factory fan kit to for low speed overheating (not towing but only spraying) A newer air cooled Rancher with external oil cooler didn't have an issue. They are easy to over heat at low speeds be careful.

/ land grader ideas/ plans?
We have an older Honda 4x4 quad air cooled that we had to add the factory fan kit to for low speed overheating (not towing but only spraying) A newer air cooled Rancher with external oil cooler didn't have an issue. They are easy to over heat at low speeds be careful.

i have an old 500cc 98 sportsman. its liquid cooled with an electric fan... i know its getting warm when i hear the fan kick in.... as long as its moving i think it will be fine...

/ land grader ideas/ plans? #8  
I built a plane and drag for my tractor from scrap angle, pipe and chain link fence. I built it so I could lift it with the 3 point, but you could downsize the idea and just drag it. With minimal welding skill, it's an easy project.

level7.jpglevel8.jpglevel6.jpglevel4.jpglevel1.jpglevel0.jpg

Attachments

• level2.jpg
    level2.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 101
  • level3.jpg
    level3.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 105
  • level5.jpg
    level5.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 84
   / land grader ideas/ plans? #9  
If you don't have an axel, get a straight rear axel and wheels from a junked compact car.

/ land grader ideas/ plans? #10  
This is larger than you want, but it is a brilliant design. Maybe a scaled down version?