Box Scraper Land Planes / Grading Scrapers

/ Land Planes / Grading Scrapers
I bought a Woods GSM84P land plane in 2020 for $1800 and I see they cost about $500 more now. Good tool that weighs just over 700 pounds. I used it to level dirt that was dug off of the pond edges so that there was a shoulder instead of a drop off. There was a fair amount of dirt to move but it did a nice job. I use it to maintain the lane back to the hayfield and also to renew the driveway - looks like we paid to have gravel brought in when I get done with it

I have a good history with Woods attachments and you’re experience pretty well describes what I’m hoping for. And the weight of your blade sounds attractive too. I think I’m sold on getting one now. Unfortunately, I’ve been quoted over 2500 for a 6’ woods or land pride. They’re kind of obscene prices for what it is.

/ Land Planes / Grading Scrapers #72  

Attachments

• IMG_1299[1].JPG
    IMG_1299[1].JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 936

Attachments

• IMG_1300[1].JPG
    IMG_1300[1].JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 864

Here's what I threw together.

Update: more quotes today from 2 dealers

1) Landpride GS1572 @ $2400
2) Bad Boy 72" @ $1300

Both brand new.......

Guess which one I'm going to tomorrow?

IMG_6178.JPG

IMG_6179.JPG

One found its way into the back of truck this evening. Thanks to everyone that provided feedback. I was encouraged that none of you expressed regrets or disappointment in your purchases, and my local Bad Boy/ LS dealer shot me a significantly better price than any others. I rewarded him by purchasing promptly without haggling. I’m a strong proponent of rewarding good behavior.

Last edited:
   / Land Planes / Grading Scrapers #76  
Nice looking land plane.

I have both box blade and land plane. If you have any sod or large chucks in what your trying to smoot out, the land plane will be virtually useless.

Even a box blade will struggle to smooth out sod chucks. You almost have to remove them and put them in a pile to get it real smooth.

Land planes are great for grading a driveway or fine dirt without large chunks.

I like the box blade with a lot of tilt backward and using the float on my Hydraulic top link. That is a great combination.

As was mentioned earlier in this thread, I find myself leveling a lot with my loader bucket and again with float functionality.

I say it depends on the state of the material you are leveling. Fine dirt or rocks, land plane will do leveling but not relocating dirt. Box blade will work fine for this too.

For chunks of dirt and sod in the material, loader and box blade. Use the box blade to remove the chunks or loader to press them down.

/ Land Planes / Grading Scrapers #77  
Everything Attachments has a new wicked land plane. Improve ripper teeth. They already had a better way of mounting rippers compared to other manufacturers.
It's the three month lead time that kills me.

Nice looking land plane.

I have both box blade and land plane. If you have any sod or large chucks in what your trying to smoot out, the land plane will be virtually useless.

Even a box blade will struggle to smooth out sod chucks. You almost have to remove them and put them in a pile to get it real smooth.

Land planes are great for grading a driveway or fine dirt without large chunks.

I like the box blade with a lot of tilt backward and using the float on my Hydraulic top link. That is a great combination.

As was mentioned earlier in this thread, I find myself leveling a lot with my loader bucket and again with float functionality.

I say it depends on the state of the material you are leveling. Fine dirt or rocks, land plane will do leveling but not relocating dirt. Box blade will work fine for this too.

For chunks of dirt and sod in the material, loader and box blade. Use the box blade to remove the chunks or loader to press them down.

Thanks. I peeled the organic stuff off the high spots first and mixed it into the first couple layers of fill in the low spot. So I’m working with a pretty decent light-brown clay loam now, with a few rocks big enough that I don’t want to rebury and hit them again later.

It's the three month lead time that kills me.

In stock, and just over half the price, is definitely preferred. Things are starting to move back closer to normal again. The longest lead times quoted locally were around 2 weeks. And more than one dealer had what I was looking for in stock.

Last edited:
IMG_6186.JPG

I adjusted the blades down to the most aggressive setting since I’m in dirt. It cuts real well and gives my tractor a good workout. I think I need to adjust them back up a smidge to keep it from digging. I had dirt spilling over the top, back bar.