Rake Landscape rake with offset

/ Landscape rake with offset #1  

countrybumpkin

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti, kubota
Been looking for a landscape rake for a while now but haven’t found any good buys on used ones, so I’m going to end up just buying new. Anyway, for those that have one with the ability to offset , do you find that you use it much? I use it a lot on my rear blade but seeing that very few rakes have offset is it something that’s really not used much with a rake?

/ Landscape rake with offset #2  
I have an ETA Landscape Rake with gauge wheels and a Ratchet Rake bucket attachment.

I use the Ratchet Rake bucket attachment 5:1 over the Landscape Rake. The Ratchet Rake can be easily offset about 10" when attaching it to the FEL bucket, although I have never used it offset.

/ Landscape rake with offset #3  
I have a landscape rake, but it doesn't have the offset ability. For my uses, I guess I don't miss what I don't have (offset). I use it mostly for spring cleanup and light surface smoothing. Works good for raking the driveway too, but does like to flick rocks up into the back of the cab when I do it. The glass is tempered, but the occasional "whack" of a small marble sized rock hitting the back window makes me nervous.

If I was needing to rake out ditches that I couldn't get my tractor into, or reach under trees too low for my cab, I'd probably want the offset. But so far, I've not had a time where I couldn't just pull the rake straight through behind the tractor. My tractor width is 72"-ish, and my rake is 84", so I can get right up against fence lines and out buildings if I wish to.

/ Landscape rake with offset
My tractor too is about 74” wide so I’m looking at 84” or even 96” so I can get along the edges of fencing and buildings, most use will be spring cleanup and cleanup in my animal lots, now and then I need to clean debris up from around my pond banks if we get a lot of rain and they get deeper than normal it leaves a bunch of sticks and limbs along the banks after the water goes back down, which I was thinking would be good to use offset for.

/ Landscape rake with offset #5  
I have an ETA Landscape Rake with gauge wheels and a Ratchet Rake bucket attachment.

I use the Ratchet Rake bucket attachment 5:1 over the Landscape Rake. The Ratchet Rake can be easily offset about 10" when attaching it to the FEL bucket, although I have never used it offset.

The biggest issue with anything attached to a tractor FEL bucket is being able to see what you're doing...
The biggest issue with a landscape rake is they tend to separate fines from gravel and they leave windrows at the ends...

Still not decided on which rake yet, looked a a Tufline at a local dealer, really nice and heavy except for the tine bar, and it’s a piece of angle , thick angle but still angle. IMG_0042.JPG

/ Landscape rake with offset #7  
Still not decided on which rake yet, looked a a Tufline at a local dealer, really nice and heavy except for the tine bar, and it痴 a piece of angle , thick angle but still angle. View attachment 540662

I think that you will have a hard time finding a better rake than what ETA makes and sells.

May be, but I don’t ever see myself buying from them.

/ Landscape rake with offset #9  
I have the 96” Land Pride LR37 that has 24” of offset and is QH compatible. My only complaint is it took s lot of grinding to get it to fit the class II QH. I Use the offset quite a bit, it has held up well and works best with Top-n-tilt.

I have thought about one of the landpride heavy duty rakes too, I may end up buying one of those from the local dealer just haven’t committed yet. I had found a LR 35 rake a while back but was 4 hour drive and didn’t buy it, guess I should have.