Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank?

/ Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank? #1  

wirlybird

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3038 E, John Deere 3032E, John Deere 756, John Deere X585, John Deere 332
Anyone have or know of a large and rugged lawn type sweeper?
I'm working on the best way to get clippings off of a large, 10 acre, field! I know, it's a field, but these are polo practice fields we try to cut on a shoestring budget!
Clippings cannot be left on the field. Basically if you can see them then they need to go.

The unit must be able to be trailered with the tractor so I have about 82 inches of trailer width to work with.

Doesn't have to be a sweeper but I'm looking for some method to remove the clippings.

Open to any and all suggestions!!!

/ Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank? #2  
Hmmm... there must be a good reason why no clippings on a Polo practice field.

/ Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank? #3  
I don't see any way to not break the bank either with the expense of the equipment, or an ungodly amount of time.
I think the tool for the job is a collecting flail mower, largest width possible, with hydraulic dump.

/ Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank?
Hmmm... there must be a good reason why no clippings on a Polo practice field.
Yes there is. It makes the surface very slippery and can be dangerous for horse and rider.

I don't see any way to not break the bank either with the expense of the equipment, or an ungodly amount of time.
I think the tool for the job is a collecting flail mower, largest width possible, with hydraulic dump.
Agreed, the amount of time is crazy! A flail will not give a good enough cut. Tried it and ruled it out.

/ Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank? #6  
A tedder

/ Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank? #8  
Just an average homeowner here, but rather than try to vacuum up the clippings, wouldn't it be better to just mow frequently (every day?) so that there are basically minuscule clippings?

/ Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank? #9  
I think a lawn vacuum is your best bet, but you're looking at a couple thousand bucks...
Another possible method would 3PH blower...probably cheaper than the lawn vacuum

IMHO, your best bet is to hire a lawn service

None of the above are "shoe string", but you get what you pay for...

Just an average homeowner here, but rather than try to vacuum up the clippings, wouldn't it be better to just mow frequently (every day?) so that there are basically minuscule clippings?
Ideally that is the best solution. Good for me because I make the cash!
Mowing a total of 16 acres is costly though. I am trying to help the owner with an efficient solution but it may simply be frequent cutting.