Last chance-Talk me out of a HST cab 20 series

/ Last chance-Talk me out of a HST cab 20 series #11  
Well the old John Deere sold.

The wife and I are dead set on a HST tractor with a cab. We also intend on lifting pecan super sacks that weigh 2000-2500 lbs occasionally and will mainly use the tractor for mowing and tree line maintenance.

Is there any reason this tractor won’t do what I want and should I look at other brands/models with price being a consideration?
Espace,

My 2016 3520H FEL (BL25) is rated for 2100 at the pins to full height but can just barely lift (6") and move 275 gallon IBC totes filled with water. That's 2400 lbs. It's helpful when my backhoe is on.

Lately I lift them using my 3-point hitch using a 3-point to quickattach adapter so that I can use my pallet forks on the 3-point hitch which is rated for 3300 lbs. With the top and tilt on the 3-point, it's easy to precisely lift the totes and move them with ease. Downside is that you might not be able to lift them high enough to load your trailer so you might have to back them onto it.

/ Last chance-Talk me out of a HST cab 20 series #12  
Espace,

My 2016 3520H FEL (BL25) is rated for 2100 at the pins to full height but can just barely lift (6") and move 275 gallon IBC totes filled with water. That's 2400 lbs. It's helpful when my backhoe is on.

Lately I lift them using my 3-point hitch using a 3-point to quickattach adapter so that I can use my pallet forks on the 3-point hitch which is rated for 3300 lbs. With the top and tilt on the 3-point, it's easy to precisely lift the totes and move them with ease. Downside is that you might not be able to lift them high enough to load your trailer so you might have to back them onto it.
By using the 3-point you relieve an enormous amount of weight from the front axle... but you have the reverse situation... you have to put a bucket load on the FEL or the front axle floats off the ground a bit and you're forced to use your split brakes to steer. Luckily it's the rear wheels that brake.

/ Last chance-Talk me out of a HST cab 20 series #13  
I did plan on making the 3 point hitch concrete 55 gallon drum ballast weight I’ve seen or something similar to get to atleast 1000lbs of ballast.
If you make a drum ballast you might consider placing some PVC conduit or pipe in the concrete so that you can carry some long-handled tools in the ballast.

/ Last chance-Talk me out of a HST cab 20 series #14  
The yard/trailer in question

View attachment 700461

The inside of barn in question
View attachment 700460
That's a whole lot of nuts right there!

:LOL:

If you can lift them by the pallet and not sling them by the straps you may be ok. You can also check your hyd pressure to make sure it's up at max rated, sometimes they ship on the lower end of the rated range. Some guys bump them up a little too. I would absolutely fill your rear tires and put as heavy a 3pt weight on as you can find. My 3pt mower isn't that heavy, but it sits way back and the added leverage helps. If you're putting a 3pt weight box or concrete drum on it will be closer to the lift arms and you won't gain the benefit of the extended leverage. So what I'm saying is make it *heavy*, like 1500-2000 pounds.

/ Last chance-Talk me out of a HST cab 20 series #15  
Have you looked at an MTZ tractor. Old name was Belarus. I have 3 of them. Good tough reliable tractors.

/ Last chance-Talk me out of a HST cab 20 series
Have you looked at an MTZ tractor. Old name was Belarus. I have 3 of them. Good tough reliable tractors.

Do they have hst models?

It doesn’t appear so on their website.

/ Last chance-Talk me out of a HST cab 20 series #17  
Could you drive by the dealer with a bag or two on the trailer and see how well the tractor coulds lift them off of it. ... If you have any loaded, that is. If so, seems that could be quicker than possibly extra trips to/from the dealer with a loaner.

/ Last chance-Talk me out of a HST cab 20 series
Could you drive by the dealer with a bag or two on the trailer and see how well the tractor coulds lift them off of it. ... If you have any loaded, that is. If so, seems that could be quicker than possibly extra trips to/from the dealer with a loaner.

I’d have to wait until November to have any bags in my possession (harvest time)