Last push before buying F2690

/ Last push before buying F2690 #21  
What does the "e" mean after some of the Kubota models? For example, F2680e or F2690e?

/ Last push before buying F2690
E is the 2 wheel drive model

For those members with the rear discharge F's have any of you place the mulching option on, if you have can you tell a difference.

/ Last push before buying F2690 #24  
I don't care what kind of blower you use you cannot blow off the underside from the top. As there isn't enough room to get too areas plus the fact that if you keep the grease fittings greased every 50 hours as recommended, the grease slings out and collects on the frame which causes dirt and grass to stick to it. Maybe it is just in my area as we have a lot of fire ant mounds. I keep after the ants but they are like most nuisances and keep coming back. I mow most areas at 2 inches as I can spot the mounds before they get too tall. I had a rear discharge pull behind mower previously and used a B2301 to pull it. It give a good cut also but left more grass buildup especially if you let it get very high. Too each his own I guess. I am not complaining about the Kuboka F series mowers as I think they are the best. The one area I would like to see changed is the way you have to adjust the cut height. Something like most zero turns would be great and I think Kubota engineers are smart enough to do it if they tried.

My backpack blower pretty much cleans the whole machine. You think you only blow it from the top?

Perhaps it's just me, I grease at least a couple of squirts over the entire machine at 10 hour intervals. Underside always seems clean when I'm under there.

/ Last push before buying F2690 #25  
My backpack blower pretty much cleans the whole machine. You think you only blow it from the top?

Perhaps it's just me, I grease at least a couple of squirts over the entire machine at 10 hour intervals. Underside always seems clean when I'm under there.

Clean could be a relative term. I consider mine "clean" (has no loose blades of grass) but blowing it off doesn't make it look shiny new like it has never been used. I think that is what some people call "clean". I'm very comfortable with mine being "clean" after I use the leaf blower blowing under, over, cross ways and around the top. Looks "clean" to me since I don't see any grass clipppings on it. Now my "clean" machine will retain some bits of dust/dirt that blows around and sticks to the grease oozing out of a grease fitting but after using a red rag/paper cloth rag most of that comes off but not like it has been steam cleaned. Actually my Fs I've owned and been using for around 9 years usually look like they have been used some and not like just out of the showroom floor and again I sleep well with mine looking like they do. I even leave mine out in the rain sometimes to wash off dust!!!!!:shocked::shocked::eek::eek::cool2::cool2:

/ Last push before buying F2690 #26  
Clean could be a relative term. I consider mine "clean" (has no loose blades of grass) but blowing it off doesn't make it look shiny new like it has never been used.

John, I said backpack blower, not pressure washer:D I believe my definition of clean is the same as yours.

My point was with my backpack blower, after going around the machine, if you look (even the undercarriage), it's pretty much debris free. The impression I got from lamblessed was that even with a backpack blower, the underside of the F was hard to clean, which I haven't found it the case to be.

/ Last push before buying F2690 #27  
I always mulch my leaves in the fall Does the mower do a good job without a mulching kit or would you suggest rear discharge and mulch kit?

/ Last push before buying F2690 #28  
I always mulch my leaves in the fall Does the mower do a good job without a mulching kit or would you suggest rear discharge and mulch kit?

I mow my leaves and have been for 14 years. I do have a mulching kit on new BX2370-1 because I couldn't get a rear discharge deck for it. I do not have a mulching kit for the Fs with rear discharge, don't need it. Leaves, I just mow em and I got plenty of them!:cool2:.

/ Last push before buying F2690 #29  
I thought we had finished this discussion but I will reply again.I only said that if the rear discharge mower decks made the under side of the frame (inside the rails), more difficult to clean than my side discharge, I would not want one. The problem really is the low fuel tank and especially the steel bracket for it on the left side and the low battery and tray on the right. In my environment the dirt and debris sticks all over the driveshaft and u-joints and the inner frame rails. It seems to me that the dirt all over the u-joints would not be beneficial. When I really clean this area I spray with a de greaser, let it set for a while and then hose off. I wait at least one day for the joints to dry good before greasing them again. I will say again there is no type blower that will remove this gunk. I have both gas and electric. There isn't enough room to get a blower wand in the area unless you have a rack to get the tractor up a couple of feet. I have to use a flex hose on one my grease gun as I cannot even get my straight tubed grease gun to two of the nipples. You can get to one from the side. I'm sure you could blow off dry or even damp grass but that isn't the problem I am describing. My concern is that the rear discharge might make my situation worse. When I do clean the area described I look like I have been greased and then de greased or maybe the other way around. Do any of you Guys have fire ants? I could get rid of mine but none of my neighbors worry about them and just keep mowing them down and they spread back to my property.

Well going into dealer today to order a f2690. Still haven't made a final decision on side versus rear, guess I will decide when I go in. Everyone has made valid points both ways. My side discharge zd326 has worked great for me except the clippings blowing on me sometimes. Rear discharge would be great for getting close on both sides. Dealer said side cuts clipping up better because of the flow of the clippings. John said no windrows normally. Wish I was close to John I would check his out, but 5 to 6 hours away. Bottom line which ever one I get, it will be a F.
Thank you all for your input. This forum gives you all sides of the discussion to consider.