Last push before buying F2690

/ Last push before buying F2690 #31  
I thought we had finished this discussion but I will reply again.I only said that if the rear discharge mower decks made the under side of the frame (inside the rails), more difficult to clean than my side discharge, I would not want one. The problem really is the low fuel tank and especially the steel bracket for it on the left side and the low battery and tray on the right. In my environment the dirt and debris sticks all over the driveshaft and u-joints and the inner frame rails. It seems to me that the dirt all over the u-joints would not be beneficial. When I really clean this area I spray with a de greaser, let it set for a while and then hose off. I wait at least one day for the joints to dry good before greasing them again. I will say again there is no type blower that will remove this gunk. I have both gas and electric. There isn't enough room to get a blower wand in the area unless you have a rack to get the tractor up a couple of feet. I have to use a flex hose on one my grease gun as I cannot even get my straight tubed grease gun to two of the nipples. You can get to one from the side. I'm sure you could blow off dry or even damp grass but that isn't the problem I am describing. My concern is that the rear discharge might make my situation worse. When I do clean the area described I look like I have been greased and then de greased or maybe the other way around. Do any of you Guys have fire ants? I could get rid of mine but none of my neighbors worry about them and just keep mowing them down and they spread back to my property.

You have a side discharge so your probably not going to add an additional rear discharge deck anyway.
Those of us that have had BOTH and have Fs have expressed our satisfaction and actual hands on experience and ownership with our rear discharge decks on our F machines after many years of use. No experience vs experienced. Sure those that have not bought yet will weigh the options and make their choice.
I to am bless and know Sigarms is also. Just don't get a rear discharge mowing deck and be happy with what you already have while giving thanks.
Now, what was the original question?

/ Last push before buying F2690
Well it is done, went to my dealer yesterday afternoon and ordered a f2690 to replace my zd326. After much discussion on this thread I purchased the side discharge, I was leaning to the rear discharge but the boss said she wanted a side discharge. So we see who won. Bottom line I have a new f2690 coming. Been wanting one since JT started discussing them on this forum.

So thanks for all of the input, but I guess I should of just asked the one in the same room.

Thanks again.

/ Last push before buying F2690 #33  
Well it is done, went to my dealer yesterday afternoon and ordered a f2690 to replace my zd326. After much discussion on this thread I purchased the side discharge, I was leaning to the rear discharge but the boss said she wanted a side discharge. So we see who won. Bottom line I have a new f2690 coming. Been wanting one since JT started discussing them on this forum.

So thanks for all of the input, but I guess I should of just asked the one in the same room.

Thanks again.

Congratulations! :thumbsup: You will not be disappointed in th Kubota F!!!:cool2:

Still waiting for my F2690 to arrive. Told dealer I was not in a hurry, but as the days go by I am ready to start using it. But from everything I have read it will be worth the wait.

/ Last push before buying F2690 #35  
Still waiting for my F2690 to arrive. Told dealer I was not in a hurry, but as the days go by I am ready to start using it. But from everything I have read it will be worth the wait.

Oh, it'll come in about two days after your last mowing of this season so you'll have it to use next mowing season.:laughing::laughing::laughing: No, I hope it comes in tomorrow so you'll get a couple of cuts out of it this season. Just stop mowing now and see how well it does on higher grass.:D:thumbsup:

I would be shot by 3 women if I held off mowing (wife, 99 year old neighbor and mother in law). So I'll just keep reading about everyone else new equipment and just keep waiting. Just glad my zd326 is in great shape to mow with.

/ Last push before buying F2690 #37  
There is a chemical called Q4 Plus Turf Herbicide that kills crabgrass and nutsedge and does not kill the lawn. An amazing product that I use in my yard.

On the rear or side discharge, I have mowed with both and right now have a 7 ft rear discharge Woods pull-type mower. It is the only way to go. Side discharge just windrows and clumps up.

Next up is to buy a used Kubota front mower with rear discharge, hopefully when JT upgrades.

I have a F3990 with 6ft rear discharge. Having wind blown grass in your face is no fun. Rear discharge is the only way to go with 20k fence line to mow plus some crazy hillside mowing have 170 hrs after 1 plus year of usage. Only problem was a failed regen caused by fuel starvation.. Wife fixed that problem.

/ Last push before buying F2690 #38  
I would be shot by 3 women if I held off mowing (wife, 99 year old neighbor and mother in law). So I'll just keep reading about everyone else new equipment and just keep waiting. Just glad my zd326 is in great shape to mow with.

Why are you replacing your ZD326? I'm curious how you will like the F vs the ZD.

/ Last push before buying F2690 #39  
Why are you replacing your ZD326? I'm curious how you will like the F vs the ZD.

He'll probably like his F better than his ZD326 just like me and another or two more F owners that are regulars here that traded their ZDs for Fs. I actually didn't trade, I just added a ZD326 to the F and then traded the ZD when I sold the flat rental property and also tried the ZD326 on my hillside for a season. Not in the league with the Fs. Not saying the ZD isn't good/fun/fast but unfair to compare to an F which is better ride/more stable steering on open ground/mountain goat/stable uphill and downhill wet or dry/faster/fun/great.:D

/ Last push before buying F2690 #40  
He'll probably like his F better than his ZD326 just like me and another or two more F owners that are regulars here that traded their ZDs for Fs. I actually didn't trade, I just added a ZD326 to the F and then traded the ZD when I sold the flat rental property and also tried the ZD326 on my hillside for a season. Not in the league with the Fs. Not saying the ZD isn't good/fun/fast but unfair to compare to an F which is better ride/more stable steering on open ground/mountain goat/stable uphill and downhill wet or dry/faster/fun/great.:D

Yes I'm sure the F excels at hills. I'm curious though how well it does striping, etc. It seems more like mowing with a garden tractor. Slow making turns, hard to hold a straight line due to rear steer, etc etc.

And the price... wow! It better drive itself! I don't see much advantage over a BX with a belly mower.