Last year I was green, but today i'm all blue!

/ Last year I was green, but today i'm all blue! #11  
Jae said:
I barely have a full hour of seat time on this unit but all I can say is WOW! this is an impressive piece of equipment an I am absolutley amazed with my pratically new TC35DA.

Congratulations on the TC and welcome to the forum. I think you'll find your new tractor very responsive and capable. I know I love mine. You can expect to have many of the nagging small problems form time-to-time, but most of the bugs have been worked out in these models and they are great performers.

My brother lives just east of Whitesboro and there are several TBNers in your area. Keep a lookout for the next Texas TBNers get-together if you'd like to meet a really friendly bunch.:)

/ Last year I was green, but today i'm all blue! #12  
You and me both! I was a "Green Horn" last year and this year I got my TC 48 18la loader in March with 330 hrs and have been blown away by the capability and performance! There is plenty of great advice and know-how on this site and Jim (Jinman) and others have been extremely helpful and kind to a rookie like myself Tractor SKS MS LLC 014.jpg

Tractor SKS MS LLC 012.jpg

/ Last year I was green, but today i'm all blue! #13  
You and me both! I was a "Green Horn" last year and this year I got my TC 48 18la loader in March with 330 hrs and have been blown away by the capability and performance! There is plenty of great advice and know-how on this site and Jim (Jinman) and others have been extremely helpful and kind to a rookie like myselfView attachment 162782

View attachment 162783

Did not realize I was posting to a 2 year old string! :ashamed: Sorry to anyone who finds this!

/ Last year I was green, but today i'm all blue! #14  
Did not realize I was posting to a 2 year old string! :ashamed: Sorry to anyone who finds this!

We'll forgive you because you posted a couple of great discing pictures.;)

Thanks for the compliments. I hope I can live up to them. :)

/ Last year I was green, but today i'm all blue! #15  
wow,just read that last post and would have thought it started yesterday.
i hope your tc is still working ok.

/ Last year I was green, but today i'm all blue! #16  
Just got my TC35 with 550 hours on it last December. The thing looked like new. Well, time to bush hog my 3 acres came around and I hit an ant hill and the PTO quit turning. It's still in the shop. They said a C- clip came off the internal clutch and it dumped the clutches out. Said I'm looking at $2400 to finish mowing my 3 acres. I'm gonna see if NH will help with this repair since there is no way anyone could have done anything to make this happen. It had to be a bad C- clip, or bad installation, or bad groove for it to come out but I have a feeling there not going to want to help. But I will ask! So right now, I'm not feeling all warm and fuzzy about the "Big Blue" as some of you. Had a JD for 25 years and dogged it hard and finally cracked a head. I'll update on the PTO final results in a week jor so.

/ Last year I was green, but today i'm all blue! #17  
Parcrocart, did you ever check your shearpin or slip-clutch as Ford850 suggested in the other thread? If you have a frozen slip-clutch or a shearpin that is the wrong one (grade 8) then this problem was caused by the cutter not being set correctly. When you hit the anthill, something had to go. It appears your PTO clutch was the weakest link.

I have 1600 hours on my tractor and have sheared probably 35 or more grade #2 shearpins and my PTO clutch still works perfectly. I don't mean to say that I don't think your tractor was at fault, but rather that you need to inspect the cutter since it was new to you also. You can't be sure the tractor was at fault until you check the cutter. You have not yet posted about that in this thread or the original thread about your PTO, so I'm curious about what you may have found. Wouldn't it be a shame to get your tractor fixed and hook it back up to the same rotary cutter with an improper shearpin or stuck clutch? I'm not doubting, just concerned.:)

/ Last year I was green, but today i'm all blue! #18  
Haven't checked the grade of bolt, but it is a 3/8's. And the technician said that the purpose of the internal clutch was to take up any shock so you wouln't have to run a clutch on your PTO. I ran a 950 JD for over 25 years and never sheared the pin, and I put that thing through heck and back. And it got loaned out way to often.....not going to do that with this one. I just hope NH will have some pity on me! :mad:

/ Last year I was green, but today i'm all blue! #19  
And the technician said that the purpose of the internal clutch was to take up any shock so you wouln't have to run a clutch on your PTO.

Well, I completely disagree. Ask that technician to show you in the operator's manual or maintenance manual where it makes such a preposterous statement. The clutch is there so you can modulate the engagement of PTO implements (op man'l pg. 2-17) and not provide an instantaneous shock load that would certainly pop shearpins. As a matter of fact, there is an important warning in the manual that states, "The PTO may be damaged if the PTO modulation lever is not moved through its full range." That means that if you don't fully engage the PTO clutch and it is allowed to slip, it may destroy itself. Your PTO is designed to slowly engage and remain FULLY engaged during operation. Any safety slippage will be provided by the attached implement's slip clutch or shearpin.

You have every reason to be upset. Something is certainly not right and you are paying the price for that. It's no wonder you feel like you do. I'm just trying to make sure that it doesn't happen again because something has been overlooked. Is the rotary cutter the same one you used on your JD 950?

/ Last year I was green, but today i'm all blue! #20  
Just got my TC35 with 550 hours on it last December. The thing looked like new. Well, time to bush hog my 3 acres came around and I hit an ant hill and the PTO quit turning. So right now, I'm not feeling all warm and fuzzy about the "Big Blue" as some of you. Had a JD for 25 years and dogged it hard and finally cracked a head. I'll update on the PTO final results in a week jor so.

I'm sorry to hear about this. I can imagine your frustration with your tractor still in the shop. I cannot stand to be out of the seat for more than a week at a time! I hope it is as Jim says and not the Tractor. This has me concerned as I am about to start brush hog on my property next week. I've got lots of ant hills but cannot imagine that this breaking my PTO? Hope this works out soon.

A