Latest grab by auto manufactures

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #362  
One thing about supporting updates to old and legacy software. They are a pain to support. Someone skips 3-4 iterations of updates and it’s 5-10 years down the road. The people that developed it have long changed jobs, retired, or died. It’s hard to justify training and keeping people on the payroll for something that might only be a very small percentage of your customers.
A forward thinking Doc who had a hobby building computers insisted the hospital be given the source code should the software no longer be supported… this arrangement dates from the late 70’s

Anyway… after many updates in the 90’s notice given no longer supported.

Doc said no problem provide source code as per agreement and signed by the then CEO.

Well that set off a firestorm of sorts… Doc had them and they knew it.

In the end they provided all new operating system and 10 years of upgrades at no charge in exchange for not divulging source code…

Nice when the smart guy is on your team…

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #363  
Should have been a comma after "Well"... 🤓
Actually, she should have used a : instead of a ., after "lesson", since that wasn't a full sentence. Then the W in "Well" should've been small case, too...
:p

Poor grammar annoys me, also.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #364  
Actually, she should have used a : instead of a ., after "lesson", since that wasn't a full sentence. Then the W in "Well" should've been small case, too...
:p

Poor grammar annoys me, also.
⭐⭐⭐

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #366  
D7E1ED2A-9EB8-467E-91DE-74F7369498F4.gif

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #368  
Knowing how many times the spell checker changes what someone types and how easy it is to get the wrong letter when typing with these little keyboards I would have to say you are just being petty! I also think it shows just how insignificant and meaningless your life really Is!

Janet

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #369  
Knowing how many times the spell checker changes what someone types and how easy it is to get the wrong letter when typing with these little keyboards I would have to say you are just being petty! I also think it shows just how insignificant and meaningless your life really Is!

Janet
I have had visions of you riding shotgun in a bumpy truck trying to type on your phone... :ROFLMAO:
That is why I don't judge a person's intellect by their typos, especially when I go back and look at some of my own posts.
I judge people by the "content of their characters, not by the order they are seen" ...

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #370  
I have had visions of you riding shotgun in a bumpy truck trying to type on your phone... :ROFLMAO:
That is why I don't judge a person's intellect by their typos, especially when I go back and look at some of my own posts.
I judge people by the "content of their characters, not by the order they are seen" ...
I thank You :)

Hopefully the riding shotgun is over and I can return to my chores at home come Monday. My goal as far as working is concerned was to keep track of finances, do payroll and file taxes. Should amount to 2 days of work a week and save us a fortune not having to hire someone. Then this bomb gets dropped and I have to assume so many roles for God knows how long.

I didn’t intend retirement to be like this!

Janet

Last edited: